FINANCE DIRECTORLocation: Lusaka | Salary: Competitive Market Related Package | Posted: 22 Aug 2019 | Closes: 28 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Zambia | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/4377244/166763
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Director coordinates the provision of effective financial support services within the business, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure business compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget processes.
- Preparation and timely submission of the region’s annual budget for Head Office approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
- Ensure business compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Timely and accurate processing of decentralized accounting transactions on the G4S ERP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Management of the regional Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
- Preparation and timely submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Managing Director
- Effective coordination of litigation, insurance and other claims.
- Development of the business’ Financial department personnel
- Effective management of subordinate personnel in terms of: Performance Assessment, Skills Development and Career path planning
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Accounting would be added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ Senior management experience in Financial Accounting within a Multinational.
- Zambian Citizen
Jobs that might be of interest: