Finance Business Analyst (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Centurion Market related
Finance Business Analyst (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 16 Nov 2020 | Closes: 25 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/200751
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Finance Business Analyst
G4S has a vacancy for a Finance Business Analyst based in Centurion.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Finance Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the analysis process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which finance support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main Purpose of Position:
The review and analysis of labour costs from actual operational trading and for prospective clients and calculating of costing for tenders and national quotes.
Budgeting and Forecasting (10%)
- Preparation of annual budgets, monthly, and quarterly forecasts
- Compare budgeted/forecasted results to actual or expected results in order to identify inaccuracies.
- Undertake detailed analysis of results and financial position, to accurately formulate forecasts and financial reports
- Support Financial Controller in the completion of budgets and forecasts
Auditing & Controls (10%)
- Act as a liaison with internal and external auditors for finance department.
- Co-ordinate the audit program to ensure timeliness and preparation of information
- Investigate and follow-up on discrepancies of audit reports
- Provide feedback to auditors and management on discrepancies.
- Manage action plan to address discrepancies and findings
- Development, implementation and monitoring of financial controls
- Assess existing financial controls, and determine areas for improvement and change
- Manage change process, and implement improved financial controls within the department
- Provide on-going training on correct financial control procedures
- Support the Financial Controller with the preparation and completion of internal/external audits
Revenue and profitability (35%)
- Analysis of customer contract profitability
- Onerous contracts calculation and change implementation
- Control and review of all revenue streams
- Implementation of annual price increases to be passed on to customers in price increase month (To be removed)
- Analysis of route profitability and co-ordination of related projects
- Prepare monthly revenue reports
Balance Sheet (10%)
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets
Monthly Reporting (25%)
- Completion of monthly company and group reporting.
- Collect information from relevant internal sources and compile professional, accurate management reports monthly
- Benchmark costs and conduct variance analysis
- Prepare complete trade review packs for detailed analysis and review
- Report on and prepare financial General Ledger monthly reports and Management accounts
- Follow up and query all discrepancies
- Verify the accuracy and correctness of the systems to provide accurate financial information
- Verify actual results for variances to previous reporting periods, or to identify inaccuracies
- Ensure compliance with IFRS – onerous contracts (IFRS 15)
- On-going review of cash flow
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders and regional finance teams to collate required information
- Review reporting standards and implement improvement action plans as needed to address deficiencies
- Review on an on-going basis and identify areas of continued/repeated deficiency
- Update, refine and maintain financial controls policy in line with Group Guidelines, and best practice standards
- Develop and formulate financial procedures to maintain proper financial controls
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc tax submissions
Prepare quotes for national tenders and assist regional sales teams with quotes (10%)
- Act as a liaison between the national bid manager and FM’s
- Investigate potential cost saving initiatives to reduce tender pricing
- Provide feedback to sales director and sales team
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing where required
The Ideal Candidate:
- CA (SA)
- 2 to 5 Years management accounting experience and staff management experience
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial controls and audit standards
- Knowledge of how to perform and review reconciliations
- Knowledge of how to implement financial controls
Skills and attributes:
- MS Office Computer skills (Excel Advanced)
- Analytical skills
- Working with complexity
- Planning and Coordination
- Managing conflict
- Delivering strategy
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally
- Awareness of the market environment
- Acting professionally
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and cooperating
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com