Field Operations Business Support Manager National Up to £75,000
Field Operations Business Support ManagerLocation: National | Salary: Up to £75,000 | Posted: 4 Aug 2022 | Closes: 19 Aug 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7598
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, 5 Week's Holiday, Corporate Perks & Discounts, Payroll Giving, Flexible Working Policies, Training & Development Opportunities, Recognition Scheme
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Main Purpose of Job
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
Reporting to the Field Operations Director, this multi-faceted role will provide operational and project support across the CVIT field operations business. Key elements of the role include programme management of all field operations related projects and change programmes, ensuring that all process change activities are rolled out in an efficient and standardised manner across the network and ensuring all field operations related IT projects are delivered and rolled out to plan. The role will also include routine contact with key customers on BAU operational and commercial issues. This role is intended to deputise in the absence of the Field Operations Director with legitimate authority over the Field Operations team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Programme management of all field operations projects, new business implementations and business change programmes. To provide project planning support to BM’s and other project managers as required and to monitor progress against key milestones.
- To support the standardised and effective roll-out of new business processes across the field operations network.
- To co-ordinate the CI and step-change activities of all branch based Ops Managers.
- To provide daily BAU support to both the operation and to the strategic field operations customer base on operational and commercial issues.
- To provide business continuity support to the Head of Risk as required.
- Liaison with internal IT functions and key business software providers regarding ongoing and future system developments.
- To co-ordinate programme of works from project initiation through to implementation and roll-out by liaison with above IT providers and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the area has effective and efficient utilisation of resources, including labour and vehicles, through optimum use of technology and through liaison with other areas
- Ensure that robust and effective safety, security, and regulatory standards are met and maintained across the area
- Use sound judgement to make timely decisions.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes in place to deliver to exacting compliance standards and customer SLAs, ensuring cost effective delivery of optimal customer service
- Actively monitor the area’s business performance against budgets, business plan and milestones
- Take ownership of own development plan to address current and future role requirements
- Develop competencies of Branch Managers and ensure effective succession plans are in place
- Drive growth through gaining customers’ confidence and trust by demonstrating expertise, insight, empathy, consultancy skills and commitment.
- Explore and develop growth, value and profit generating opportunities working closely with colleagues in Sales as appropriate
- Provide an operational input into tenders
- Collaborate with the immediate peer group to ensure best practice adoption and consistency of approach across the business
- Liaise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders in the business and other departments, as appropriate
- Ensure a constructive employee relations environment chairing appropriate consultative committees and undertake a role in disciplinary and grievance appeal procedures
- Work with professionalism, honesty and integrity maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Treat people fairly, with respect, impartiality and consistency and embrace the Company values
- Promote a positive external perception of the business and take steps to protect and enhance the brand and reputation
- Be open and honest in dealings with customers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in Continuous Improvement tools and techniques, including the operational delivery of business improvements, is essential
- Strong analytical and planning skills are essential
- Program and project management of complex IT system developments and implementations is highly desirable
- Functional management experience across a multi-site environment is highly desirable
- Degree level education or equivalent is desirable
- Knowledge of cross functional management and coordination
- Experienced and comfortable operating within a compliance orientated and MI rich customer centric culture
- CPC qualified
- Minimum five years management experience of CIT branches.