Field Monitoring Officer Belfast, United Kingdom 10.02 hourly
Field Monitoring OfficerLocation: Belfast, United Kingdom | Salary: 10.02 hourly | Posted: 16 Aug 2021 | Closes: 15 Sep 2021 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 210001YA
Do you like working with people? Enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and taking responsibility for your actions? Are you a problem solver, who's motivated and looking for a new challenge? Then this exciting opportunity could be for you.
G4S Electronic Monitoring Service is contracted by the Department Of Justice to provide electronic monitoring services (including 'tagging') across Northern Ireland. Electronic monitoring technology is used to deter individuals from breaking their curfews and places a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation, helping to ensure public safety across the country, while addressing the growing concerns about overcrowding in prisons. We're currently looking to expand our team of Field Monitoring Officers.
We operate 24/7, 365 days a year, so as a Field Monitoring Officer you'll be expected to work a range of shifts during the hours of 5pm-3am. This will include weekends and bank holidays, on a rotating roster pattern.
Our Field Monitoring Officer role involves going into the homes of those on curfew, whether that's alone or alongside a colleague. Then it'll be your responsibility to install, calibrate and decommission monitoring equipment, so that the person on curfew can be detected within the boundaries of their property. You'll check and clean equipment when it's issued and on collection, and quarantine any equipment which needs to be held for evidence. Responding to priority visits, you'll be there to address any incidents and liaise with the Monitoring Control centre over any issues or subject breaches. As you need to travel regularly and continuously throughout your shift, we'll provide you with a company vehicle. You'll keep track of equipment and make sure you complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Following standard operational procedures, you'll ensure contract compliance is maintained always. You'll also help with ad-hoc duties and take part in meetings with both your team and your line manager. Occasionally, you might also need to attend court, but this is rare.
Full training is provided and the role comes with a good salary & benefits package. You should hold a full driving license and possess a high-level of customer focus. Full training will be provided.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Full UK Driving License.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Able and available to work between the hours of 5pm to 3am on a rota basis Shifts are usually 5pm-3am & 6pm-4am.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• We strongly welcome female applicants as the role will see you entering the homes of female subjects.
• The ability to manage your own diary and plan visits to subject properties Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for visiting the homes of monitoring subjects.
• Undertake the installation and removal of curfew equipment in subject homes.
• Provide a customer focused approach at all times.
• Fully investigate any incidents that may occur during curfew order period.
• Check all equipment on issue and collection from subjects home.
• Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Liaise with our Monitoring Control Centre over any breaches of the curfew order.
• Ensure all standard operational procedures are adhered to and contract compliance is maintained at all times.
• Attend court as required.
• Responsible for the care of any additional equipment such as PDA, Sat Nav and Hand Held Digital Units needed for effective job performance.
• Attendance at management meetings when necessary
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We operate in over 90 countries. We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets. G4S has a unique global footprint, employing more than 570,000 people world-wide, and are the largest security solutions provider in the world.
Jobs that might be of interest: