Field Monitoring Officer (Permanent, 35 hours)Location: Perth | Salary: £21,005 per annum | Posted: 13 May 2022 | Closes: 5 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2234
28 paid holidays pro rata, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, free parking
Are you looking for a role within the Care and Justice system which makes a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis? Is having job satisfaction, in house training, employment security and opportunities for career advancement within a supportive team what are looking for in your next role?
We are currently recruiting for a Field Monitoring Officer required to undertake field monitoring duties which means you will be installing, monitoring and removing monitoring equipment in a person’s homes who are made subject to an electronic monitoring order in Scotland. The Field Monitoring Officer will be working from home and should have a full driving licence, experience of customer service along with good interpersonal skills and a can do attitude. They should be comfortable working evening’s visiting homes within the Central Belt.
The Field Monitoring Officer role is permanent, 35 hours per week, working Monday - Thursday - 4.30 pm - midnight Friday - 4.30 pm - 12.30 am.
Due to the gender requirements of our business we require a female replacement for this role. Applicants are required to have a full driving licence and a vehicle will be provided for work purposes only. The vacancy is for persons residing within 20mile radius of Perth Sheriff Court.
This advert will be closed early if there is a high number of applicants.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Successful candidates should have a full driving licence, experience of customer service along with good interpersonal skills and a can do attitude.
What you can expect from us….
A worthwhile role within the Criminal Justice system - making a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis
Job satisfaction, in house training, employment security and opportunities for career advancement within a supportive team.
An opportunity to enhance your skills. Whether you see this job as a stepping stone in your career, or you wish to progress a career within G4S, we will provide you with ample opportunity for learning and development mapped against your own personal development plan. Whilst we will give you all the training and support to enable you, we can also help you gain and enhance your skills in customer service, compliance monitoring, training delivery or logistics support.
We offer a competitive salary, pension and company benefits scheme. Overtime is available on a voluntary basis. Free parking, 28 paid holiday allowance (pro-rata) and up to 4 weeks of training. All equipment will be provided including the provision of a pool car, mobile phone and tablet.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and able to obtain Disclosure Scotland vetting prior to taking up employment. This vetting will be at G4S expense.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Installation, monitor and removal of monitoring equipment in person’s homes.
- Fully investigate any incidents that may occur during curfew order period.
- Check all equipment on issue and collection from the monitored person’s home.
- Clean equipment and quarantine unserviceable/ held for evidence equipment.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring legibility of any written reports.
- Liaise with the Monitoring Control Centre over any breaches of the curfew order.
- Escalate reportable incidents to the Monitoring Centre Supervisor and as per agreed procedures.
- Ensure all standard operational procedures are adhered to and contract compliance is maintained at all times.
- Attend court as required.
- Check that the company car you have is roadworthy and record and report any damage or defects.
- Responsible for the care of any additional equipment such as PDA, Sat Nav and Hand Held Units needed for effective job performance.
- Ad-hoc duties as directed by the manager.
- Compliance with Information Security responsibilities
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering Objectives
- Supporting & Working with Others
- Delivering Great Customer Service
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in a customer-service oriented role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm, positive and confident in a pressurised environment
- Full driving licence
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar