Family Interventions Worker Wellingborough £25,000
Family Interventions WorkerLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £25,000 | Posted: 19 Jan 2022 | Closes: 2 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11193
FAMILY INTERVENTIONS WORKER
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough
£25,000 per annum, Permanent
Full Time 40 hours per week, Shift Work
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting and let your experience lead the way!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, new resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future, HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is rehabilitation, equipping our residents with the skills to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and residents feel safe.
We are looking for an experienced Family Interventions Worker to join our Resettlement Services Team.
Reporting to the Children, Families and Visits Manager, the Family Interventions Worker will work with prisoners and their families to improve and increase family ties and stability in order to reduce offending behaviours.
Some of the key responsibilities to this role are:
- Deliver an appropriate range of interventions to enhance prisoners’ engagement with their families.
- Coach and support prisoners to engage in an appropriate range of interventions to enhance parenting and communication skills.
- Ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Liaise with stakeholders and departments to share and gain relevant information in order to ensure appropriate risk management.
- Identify, establish and maintain links with community resources and agencies to maximise benefits to prisoners and families.
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Record, maintain data and collate data accurately for monthly reporting requirements.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner and following the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
The Ideal Candidate:
You must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, alongside good negotiation and influencing skills with experience of working in a custodial setting.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be a dynamic and engaging individual with a good sense of humour. As a proven professional, you will be an integral part of the HMP Five Wells team.
In return, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, holiday entitlement, life assurance, company pension, comprehensive training and career development.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Please note for internal candidates, your Director/Line Manager will be made aware of your initial application
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Industries Instructor - Textiles
Apply now Industries Instructor - Catering Workshop
Apply now Instructor - Physical Education