Facilities Manager - Soft Services (Account Manager)Location: Peterborough | Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per year | Posted: 14 Mar 2019 | Closes: 15 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
It is important that the employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you’d like, offering progression in the ever-changing facilities management industry. As a leading security and facilities management company, G4S offers a wealth of experience and progression opportunities.
G4S improves the lives of millions of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We provide integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including: head offices, retail stores, utility plants, manufacturing sites, health settings, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
- We run large TFM contracts
- We serve FM in Hospitals and Secure establishments
- We provide FM services to Health and School buildings
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking Account Manager looking for the next challenge in their career development to join our Facilities Management sector of G4S. You will be joining an ambitious team responsible for delivering soft-services facility management, such as cleaning, Portering Helpdesk and Catering on our Cambridge, Peterborough and Norfolk Healthcare contract. Although predominately based in our Peterborough and Norwich offices, a key part of the role will include travelling around the 79 you are responsible for.
Are you a highly self-motivated and driven individual who is keen to progress within the FM industry, someone who thrives off of working in a fast pace and challenging environment? Do you thrive off of building and empowering a strong team around you, who actively encourages development and succession within a team whilst ensuring service excellence to our customer and end user? If so this role could be the perfect next step in your career.
This is a full-time, permanent role with usual hours Monday to Friday, however occasional evening and weekend work may occur in busier periods.
Key Account Manager Responsibilities include:
- Successful delivery of all contracted services to the required contractual standards, providing a single point of management contract responsibility.
- Maintain an absolute focus on Health and Safety at all times ensuring a safe working environment by compliance with health and safety legislation, client and G4S internal H&S and compliance procedures.
- To monitor and direct the activities of the Contract Team to ensure that services are delivered efficiently and economically in line with commercial contract, to ensure compliant service delivery which meets all individual customer requirements and mitigates organisational risk.
- To act as a point of contact for clients and attend meetings/presentations etc, as required with end users and current or potential customers to represent and develop/maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Recruit/select/develop Contract team to ensure appropriate resourcing levels and competence to deliver requisite quality services across the Health contracts at all times.
- Oversee processes for monitoring hours required and work undertaken to ensure that specifications are met and staff are appropriately rewarded in line with budget targets.
- To provide regular management information to key stakeholders as required.
- Collation of management information data.
- Monitor subcontracted services ensuring they meet contractual and statutory requirements.
- Participate in out of hours emergency cover duties as required.
- Management of emergency and threat situations as necessary.
- Management of HR issues (with support from HR representatives) including recruitment, employee relations, staff development, and absence management.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role will have proven experience of managing within a multisite operation of the facilities management industry. Operating at a high management level is essential, with the ability to build strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
Previous knowledge/experience of working within the healthcare sector would be advantageous but not essential, with an understanding of the 49 elements of NHS 2007 Cleaning Standards and PAS 5748.
It is essential that the ideal candidate is commercially astute with a proven track record of implementing cost effective solutions and able to manage service delivery budgets.
The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communications skills. They will have an enthusiastic attitude and customer focused and flexible approach.
The ability to work to deadlines whilst balancing various different priorities and dealing with fluctuating workloads is essential.
Jobs that might be of interest:Senior Custody Detention Officer
Location: Kettering - Northants
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Boston (Flexi role)
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Boston
Apply now Operational Support Officer (Oakhill)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now DART Healthy Lifestyle Instructor
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire