Facilities Manager (Centurion) - G4S Secure Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 29 Oct 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3620871/174009
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company has a permanent vacancy for a Facilities Manager for our Offices in Centurion.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, the main responsibility of a Facilities Manager is to support the day to day requirement of the other various Company Departments relating to all Logistics, Procurement & Administrative aspects by means of Control, Facilitation, Reporting and Information Sharing.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role in which Facilities Management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective administration and control of national equipment database and contracts
- Ensure that equipment is in working order and that it is sent in for repairs timeously
- Ensure that the best price is sourced for new equipment and that correct purchase procedures are followed
Effective management of supplier database
- Supplier and contractor liaison
- Source new competitive suppliers
- Ensure that the correct procedures are followed and that the Suppliers are registered
- Have monthly meetings with Suppliers to get regular updates on new product/equipment available
Manage the facilities of the head office
- Ensure that building is intact and that deviations (lights, water, plumbing, aircons etc) are reported
- Supervise Cleaners, Drivers, Gardeners, Reception and Canteen and ensure that their duties are fulfilled
- Oversight of Health and Safety issues
- Landline communication management
- Management of furniture and equipment office requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Qualification in Logistics Management is acceptable.
- Qualification in Facilities Management would be advantageous
- 5 years experience in Logistics Management would be required.
- 3-5 years experience in Cleaning and Hygiene Management would be advantageous
- Security Industry experience/background would be advantageous
- Previous experience in Facilities Management would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of all aspects of logistics
- Procurement procedures and polices
- Sound procurement practice
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Computer Literacy
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and Co-operating
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Coordinator, Germany
Apply now Administrator
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Apply now Expression of Interest : Customer Services Manager (Gauteng) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Cleaner - Ben Jonson Primary School
Location: E1 4PZ, Greater London
Apply now Relief Cleaners - Tower Hamlets Schools
Location: Tower Hamlets, Greater London