Facilities CoordinatorLocation: E2 7RG, Tower Hamlets | Salary: £19,000 - £19,500 Pro Rata | Posted: 17 Jan 2022 | Closes: 31 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10810
Do you live within the Borough of Tower Hamlets? Are you looking for part-time work? Would you like a job that makes a difference? Are you reliable?
If the answer is yes to the above, we would love for you to apply here.
We have a number of morning and afternoon part-time cleaning vacancies across our Tower Hamlets Schools portfolio. The portfolio is made up of 25 schools all located within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
This is a Part time position based at Columbia Primary School, E2 7RG, working 15 hours per week Monday to Friday (may include weekends), 13:00-16:00, £19,000 - £19,500 Pro Rata Annum.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a Main key holder, responsible for unlocking and locking school premises and setting and monitoring alarms.
- To be the primary site contact with contractors, including supervising, signing off completed work, keeping records and all deliveries.
- Maintain a full cleaning service to the school, directly managing the cleaning team using the team supervisor effectively to achieve the required standard inside and out.
- Undertaking first line maintenance repairs following malicious damage or accidental breakage.
- Assist Police, Fire, Safety and Security Officers when appropriate and follow fire safety precautions during drills and incidents.
- Co-operate with the authority, civic agencies, Tower Hamlets Schools Limited and GSL management to ensure that the premise is maintained in a lawful and safe condition.
- Monitor the safe and efficient operation of gas, water and electrical services, including the heating system.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be successful for this role, you should have an ability to motivate and organise effectively, have a flexible approach and have excellent communication skills, both written and orally. You must have previous school premises/ caretaker experience.
You should also have experience of Facilities Management, ideally within a Public Sector/PFI environment.
- £9.14 per hour
Annual leave entitlement – 20 days plus bank holidays
Life assurance scheme
Access to our employee assistance programme
Perks at work scheme
Refer a friend cash scheme
Employee of the month cash scheme
Opportunity for progression