Facilities CoordinatorLocation: Bow, Greater London | Salary: £19,000 to £19,500 | Posted: 10 Nov 2021 | Closes: 8 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10600
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for a Facilities Coordinator to join our team as part of our Tower Hamlets Schools portfolio. The portfolio is made up of 25 schools all located within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
This is a full time role based at Central Foundation Girls School, Bow, London, E3 2AE working 40 hours per week, covering shifts Monday to Friday between 06:30 and 18:30.
As Facilities Coordinator, you will work as the link between G4S and the school and will be responsible for supervising the security, cleaning, health and safety, heating and ventilation and general maintenance within the School premises and grounds to the standards set by G4S.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a Main key holder, responsible for unlocking and locking school premises and setting and monitoring alarms.
- To be the primary site contact with contractors, including supervising, signing off completed work, keeping records and all deliveries.
- Maintain a full cleaning service to the school, directly managing the cleaning team using the team supervisor effectively to achieve the required standard inside and out.
- Undertaking first line maintenance repairs following malicious damage or accidental breakage.
- Assist Police, Fire, Safety and Security Officers when appropriate and follow fire safety precautions during drills and incidents.
- Co-operate with the authority, civic agencies, Tower Hamlets Schools Limited and GSL management to ensure that the premise is maintained in a lawful and safe condition.
- Monitor the safe and efficient operation of gas, water and electrical services, including the heating system.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to motivate and organise effectively.
- A flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Previous School Premises/Caretaker experience.
You should also have experience of Facilities Management, ideally within a Public Sector/PFI environment.
- £19,000 to £19,500 per annum
- Annual leave entitlement – 20 days plus bank holidays
- Life assurance x 1
- Pension – auto enrolment
- Access to our employee assistance programme
- Perks at work scheme
- Refer a friend cash scheme
- Training provided
- Employee of the month cash scheme
- Opportunity for progression
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Cleaner
Location: Bow, Greater London
Apply now Part Time Cleaner
Location: Bow, Greater London
Apply now Relief Supervisor
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Apply now Mechanical Engineer
Location: Greenwich, Greater London
Apply now Evening Cleaner
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire