Facilities Administrator (Part Time 36 hours per week)Location: Nettleham | Salary: £17,076.80 | Posted: 20 Aug 2019 | Closes: 3 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19105
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Facilities Administrator.
This is a part time position for 36 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful candidate will be required to provide support and assistance within the department ensuring the smooth operation and delivery of core objectives. Promote equality of opportunity. The successful candidate will provide high quality, customer focused support.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
- Supporting the Facilities Services Helpdesk by co-ordinating activities including
o Monitor the facilities services mailbox for repair, maintenance and caretaker
requests along with taking telephone calls.
o Initiating work tasks via Concept Evolution software.
o Assigning work to internal members of staff at HQ and external contractors
across the Force area.
o Establish and maintain a working relationship with service providers and other
agencies relating to contractual matters ensuring that at all times the interests of
the company are maintained to a high standard.
o Ensure the prioritisation of repairs and maintenance requests as per contract
with Lincolnshire Police.
o Generating purchase orders for the works to be undertaken.
o Receipting when works have been completed.
o Actively monitoring task progress and chase up completion as applicable.
- Operating, updating and maintaining Concept Evolution software including updating information in relation to the asset base (room names and numbers, department groups, contractor detail, lease and license information and producing crystal property reports or similar).
- Responsible for the issuing of PPM tasks via Concept Evolution for caretakers and external contractors. Engaging with contractors to ensure attendance within set timescales to meet contractual obligations.
- Responsible for the production of the KPI and PI reports on a monthly basis to meet contractual obligations.
- To instigate contractor vetting ensuring results are recorded correctly and reported to employers, whilst observing the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- To monitor and maintain the Contractor Database ensuring all details are up to date.
- To monitor and maintain records of Contractors Insurance ensuring they are in date and to sufficient levels.
- To deal with new Contractor requests for inclusion in the Command and Control Call Out lists
- Responsible for generating purchase orders for goods and services including receipting when goods and services are delivered.
- Undertake research for the section on various facilities related matters including the preparation of reports and comparative costings and analysis of information.
- Manage and monitor the process for contract renewal requirements in relation to contracted out services.
- Undertake administrative tasks such as filing, scanning and other related administrativetasks.
- To assist in other areas of the department as required. This could include the Reprographics Section, Reception or in the Mailroom.
- The post holder will be required to carry out such duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Duties and responsibilities outside the general scope of the post will only be required with the further consent of the post holder.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Supporting and Working with Others
- Delivering Objectives
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering great Customer Service
- Sharing and Co-Operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- General office experience including use of telephone, filing, typing and photocopying
- Planning, co-ordinating and prioritising abilities
- Experience of ordering and maintaining stock
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and operate within a multifunctional environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Experience of using databases
- Treats people with dignity and respect at all times
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have an adaptable and flexible approach, with the willingness to learn
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- A knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- A knowledge of Microsoft Office Access