Expression of interest Vault Supervisor (Boksburg) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Boksburg Market Related
Expression of interest Vault Supervisor (Boksburg) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Boksburg | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 13 Apr 2022 | Closes: 30 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/5147452/220229
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Chief Boxroom Controller
G4S Cash Solutions a leading provider of integrated cash management solution requests all interested parties to register their details for a Vault Supervisor opportunity based in Boksburg.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Vault Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timerous administration/completion of the Boxroom process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main Purpose of Position
To manage and lead direct reports within the cash Boxroom / Vault services. Responsible for the management, security and operations of the Boxroom / Vault and traceability of all items/cash entering and leaving the vault. To work within the specified policies, processes and procedures.
Management of overall Vault operations
- Ensure that the vault is managed in line with G4S policies and procedures
- Ensure that the vault audit is carried out daily, identify and investigate any discrepancies
- Manage the traceability of all items at all times assuring strict accountability
- Manage the shift handover process
- Manage the storing of items in the vault
- Monitor all movement within the vault ensuring the tightest security and integrity is maintained at all times
- Maintain customer vault balances in an accurate manner and in line with procedures and processes
- Responsible for opening and closing the vault in accordance with procedures
- Maintain proper vault paperwork and inventory records
- Prepare daily reports/balancing and retain records as per procedure
- Adhere to floor limits
- Adhere to SLA’s
- Ensure proper planning and time management of the loading bay
- Manage and implement procedure for control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bay(s)
- Ensure access to and from the vault is controlled and managed in line with the paper mandate
- Ensure restricted access at all times in line with procedures
Management and supervision of vault staff
- Responsible for providing daily leadership, coaching and feedback to direct reports including: Vault Controllers and Vault Officers
- Direct and supervise vault staff regarding their workflow
- Evaluate the department needs and schedule employees accordingly to achieve best efficiency and business results
- Manage and maintain constructive employee relations between management and workforce
- Manage the overtime cost within budget
Training and development
- Manage on-going evaluation of performance
- Offer guidance, training and development to teams on continual systems improvements
- Train and develop reports to enhance career progression and succession planning
Risk and Compliance
- Manage and monitor loss prevention and loss reduction controls
- Ensure and monitor adherence to procedures and policies with regards to risk
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Matric – grade 12 certificate
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in leading and supervising
- Experience to work in a fast paced, repetitive and secure environment
- 2 - 5 years’ vault experience in a cash operations environment is preferred
- Required to regularly lift and or move up to 20 kg’s with assistance
- Must be able to push, pull and maneuver containers and / or wheel cash/coin trolleys weighing up to 40 kg’s or more
- Ability to deal compliantly with complex operational issues in a ‘hands-on’ way
- Flexibility in terms of working hours will be required 24/7, including weekends and public holidays
- Relevant tertiary education will be advantageous
- 1 – 2 year’s CIT operations is preferable
- Ability to bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time
- Basic math and reconciliation experience
- Basic accounting practices
- Vault Operations policy and procedures
- HR policies and procedures
- Health and safety legislation
- Handling large amounts of cash and coins
- MS Office – Computer literate
- Basic MS Excel – working with spreadsheets
- Written and verbal skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team player
- Security conscious
- Delivering performance
- Leading and supervising people
- Customer Thinking
- Working under pressure
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:CIT Driver ( Krugersdorp ) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Vault Officer (Rustenburg) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Security Officer
Apply now Processing Supervisor - Coin
Location: Coventry Coin Centre
Apply now Delivery Driver