Expression of Interest: Firearms Administrator (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Centurion Market related
Expression of Interest: Firearms Administrator (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 18 Nov 2020 | Closes: 23 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/200851
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Firearms Administrator based at our operations in Centurion.
The Firearms Administrator would implement and manage all training and development associated with technical and behavioural training solutions for operations in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements, to meet business and customer needs.
Main Purpose of Position:
The completion of applications for new firearms with the SAPS. Processing and re-licencing of all firearms. Control the movement of all firearms within G4S on the database. (This includes stolen, exhibits, sold and surrendered firearms) Follow up of firearms that are at the SAPS for ballistic testing. Verification of monthly firearms audits from Regions and Branches. In support of the National Firearms Manager, conduct monthly firearms audits in person.
Firearms repairs and collection
- Collecting repaired firearms from the gunsmith
- Hand in defective firearms at the gunsmith
- Ensure that a quotation is received from the gunsmith
- Ensure that the firearm serviceability certificates are received and filed
- Keep control on the payment of the gunsmith
- Follow up with the gunsmith on repair of firearms
- Explore different certified gunsmiths to ensure best service to the business
- Arrange for the collection of new firearms when purchased
- Complete SAP 271’s for new applications
- Complete surrender documents for firearms that are surrendered
- Complete re-newel documentation for the business every year when necessary
- Visit the SAPS weekly to collect new firearm licenses
- Collect recovered firearms at the SAPS
- Surrender unrepairable firearms to SAPS when necessary
- Regular follow-up with SAPS on outstanding firearm licenses
- Attend meetings with the National Firearms Manager at the SAPS when necessary
Maintain proper record keeping/ admin
- Ensure compliance of armed sites
- Ensure an effective administration system
- Ensure monthly verification of firearms on time
- Submission of monthly firearm reports
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions.
- As regards any duty or requirement imposed on his employer or any other person by the OHSACT 85, 1993, co-operate with such employer or person to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with.
- Carry out any lawful order given to him/her, and obey the health and safety rules and procedures laid down by his employer or by anyone authorized thereto by his employer, in the interest of health and safety.
- If any situation which is unsafe or unhealthy comes to his attention, as soon as practicable report such situation to his employer or to the health and safety representative for his workplace or section thereof, as the case may be, who shall report it to the employer, and
- If he is involved in any incident which may affect his health or which has caused an injury to himself/herself, report such incident to this employer or to anyone authorized thereto by the employer, or to his health and safety representative, as soon as practicable but not later than the end of the particular shift during which the incident occurred, unless the circumstances were such that the reporting of the incident was not possible, in which case he shall report the incident as soon as practicable thereafter.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum qualification of matric (Grade 12)
- Valid SAPS Firearm Competency Certificate for handgun, shotgun, rifle and hand machine carbine
- Valid code 08 driver’s license or higher
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans, speaking and writing
- Good understanding of processes and systems
- Basic Research methodology
- Basic Statistics and reporting
- Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act 60/2000
- Knowledge of the PSIRA Act 56/2001
- Relationship Building
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Strong Communication (written and verbal)
- MS Office skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Productivity (works at an efficient pace, achieves set standard of performance, activities are effective and results orientated)
- Extensive attention to detail is a high priority
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Sharing and Co-operating
- Delivering Great Customer Service
- Operate independently
- Professional Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing
- Expressed and implied ethical responsibilities
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Regional Risk Compliance Auditor (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Business Development Manager
Location: Midwest, United States
Apply now Business Development Manager, Technology
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Apply now Security Operations Center Operator I
Location: Chlemsford, Massachusetts
Apply now Business Development Manager