Experienced Security Guard - Community Housing Toronto, Ontario $18/hour
Experienced Security Guard - Community HousingLocation: Toronto, Ontario | Salary: $18/hour | Posted: 8 Jan 2020 | Closes: 8 Feb 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3487764/181159
Security Guard - TCHC
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
A G4S Security Guard within our housing division has duties and responsibilities beyond those of a regular guard. This job description assumes that the candidate has met the minimum G4S hiring requirements for Security Guards and has successfully passed all the pre- hire evaluations and requirements.
In this role, the incumbent must be flexible to work shifts; days, evenings, nights on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. This role requires an understanding and general knowledge of modern day challenges in an "at risk" environment of communities (an asset)
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
Responsible to maintain all site information in order to have easy access to the information when needed
Have knowledge of Standing/ Post Orders of site location and assist with updating them where necessary
Have knowledge on fire and emergency response, as well as providing brief training on site for all Security Guards if necessary
Attend meetings (if called upon) and provide feedback to client staff and local law enforcement representatives
Physical Requirements and Environment: Housing Facilities
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Must have a minimum college diploma in Police Foundations or Law and Security or Equivalent;
- Equivalent college/university education related to the security industry (preferred);
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements.
- Applicants with security experience may be considered for more advance positions;
- Satisfactorily completed the Protection Officer Exam Package;
- Have full immunization in accordance with policy for the position; and
- Be certified Standard First Aid and CPR
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Superior customer service orientation
- Must be certified in AODA and WHMIS
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Knowledge of CCTV system function and basic computer skills • Ability to build relationships with fellow employees and client staff, with a focus on tact and diplomacy including conflict management
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must maintain current defensive tactics certification, as required for contract. May include: Restraint, Sharp/Edged Weapons Defense, Baton and Non Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Must be certified in one of the following effective communications or tactical communications or similar program
Other Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Certified in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Enhancing Verbal Skills Training (Life Skills training).
- Management of Aggressive Behaviour – MOAB® Training International, Inc.
- Certified in Stay Safe Instructional Programs.
- Prior security-related experience in a challenging housing environment.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: