Examinations Officer BRIDGEND £23,617.74 - £24,828.94
Examinations OfficerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £23,617.74 - £24,828.94 | Posted: 15 Sep 2020 | Closes: 29 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9157
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary Range : £23,617.74 - £24,828.94 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for an Examinations Officer to join our team at HMP Parc, a category B prison, In Bridgend, South Wales, holding over 1700 convicted male adult prisoners and remand / convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
Due to the increase in staff and subsequent qualifications and associated Quality Assurance procedures an exciting opportunity has arisen in within the Learning and Skills Administrative department based at HMP & YOI Parc.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth running and administration of all examinations and to liaise with Learning & Skills staff and examination boards in respect of examination requirements, entries, results and communications, ensuring that the department adheres to all Awarding Bodies’ regulations.
To be responsible for all administration related to registrations external examinations and assessments, in consultation with quality manager, curriculum managers, administrators, teachers and head of education as the need arises
The ideal candidate will have experience in the SIMS or other similar data management system and examination processes, excellent IT skills and a keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- To co-ordinate arrangements for examination entries and fees, the storage and security of exam papers and learner scripts.
- To assist in producing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date data relating to examination entries and results on the main Learning & Skills database.
- Ensure that systems to be used for submission of examination entries and for the receipt, recording and issuing of results and certificates are working effectively and reviewed on a regular basis.
- To liaise with the awarding bodies.
- To ensure that senior managers and curriculum managers receive and are aware of changes in regulations and specifications.
- Plan and publicise the examinations schedule encompassing internal and public examinations for each academic year.
- To co-ordinate and organise invigilation of examinations and ensure that they are conducted in accordance with JCQ procedures. Also to maintain accurate records of all examinations, including seating plans and registers.
- To ensure all completed examination papers are despatched in a timely manner and in accordance with each awarding bodies procedures using the appropriate stationery and address labels.
- To be responsible for the processing of results and to produce centre statistics in examination results for internal monitoring purposes and for publication and as required by the senior management.
- To assist the quality assurance team and produce an annual quality review of the examinations conducted.
- To maintain an appropriate working environment in accordance with HMP & YOI Parc’s Health and safety procedures.
- To participate in HMP & YOI Parc’s appraisal scheme and to attend training sessions as appropriate.
- To raise purchase requisitions for payment of registration and accreditation with awarding bodies
- To liaise with purchasing department to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
- Keep a record of all cost relating of examination entries and certification and to produce regular reports for management team.
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be allocated by the Quality Assurance Manager and other Senior Managers within the Learning and Skills Dept
The Ideal Candidate:
- Education to A level standard or equivalent,
- Proven experience of relevant IT systems Access, Excel is essential.
- Proficiency in the use of Data bases within an education department for the recording and reporting of relevant data in particular is crucial to the role.
- Experience of producing coherent reports to include statistics and graphical analysis of information. The ability to carry out some data analysis would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of working within a busy Education Department
- Good IT & amp; organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of issues of confidentiality and data protection
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, being able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Eye for detail and enthusiastic approach to work
- Able to work alone and unsupervised
- Reliability under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times.
- Willingness to work with prisoners
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Secretariat Officer
Apply now Communications Administrator
Apply now Communications Administrator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD