Events Safety Steward - O2 Arena , United Kingdom £10.50 hourly
Events Safety Steward - O2 ArenaLocation: , United Kingdom | Salary: £10.50 hourly | Posted: 5 Aug 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 933
Join G4S as an Events Safety Stewards to play your part in making some of the world’s most exciting events, an experience for everyone. You will be part of a team delivering some of the most popular events, ensuring that they run in a safe, secure way, while playing a key role in creating first class experiences .
This is an amazing opportunity to work at one of the most iconic, exciting and popular music, sport, comedy and entertainment venues. We are looking for people to join our current team at The O2, where we are passionate about safety, security and service excellence, all whilst being part of some of the world's most popular events.
Our Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry or monitoring the crowd. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
As a Safety Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Incentives via our Reward and Recognition Program
No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
This is a great opportunity for those who want to enjoy flexibility in their work patterns. We have a range of opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a variety of shifts available. For those looking to create a career in events, this role could be the start of something big. Join our events team and see where it could take you. With opportunities at some of the world's most famous venues and events the opportunity to create a career is real.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: