Events Safety Steward - Leigh Sports Village Leigh, United Kingdom 11.00 hourly
Events Safety Steward - Leigh Sports VillageLocation: Leigh, United Kingdom | Salary: 11.00 hourly | Posted: 4 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8873
We are looking to recruit additional Events Safety Stewards at Leigh Sports Village - where a variety of events are hosted and you could you find yourself working at football, rugby or corporate events. In addition, you will also have an opportunity to be part of broader music and sporting events across the region. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
The broader G4S Events business can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
You will need to be available to work during the evening and/or at weekends. Our Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
As a Safety Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Jobs that might be of interest: