Events Safety Steward - Edgbaston Cricket Stadium, Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom £12.00 hourly
Events Safety Steward - Edgbaston Cricket Stadium, BirminghamLocation: Birmingham, United Kingdom | Salary: £12.00 hourly | Posted: 15 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 9055
Event Safety Steward
Edgbaston Cricket Stadium and Birmingham Events
£12.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit additional Event Safety Stewards to join our current team working at Edgbaston Cricket Stadium, Birmingham and other events across The Midlands, which are key areas for G4S Events. This is an important role and you will be delivering a first class guest experience at our events. Therefore, we are looking for personable, customer service focused individuals for this role.
Our Event Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
Duties will include:
• Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
• Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
• Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
• Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
• Free lunch bag on major match days
• Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
• Holiday pay
• Pay rate is £12.00 per hour
• Company Pension
• Training Opportunities
• Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You will be employed on a casual basis meaning you can work as many events as you like and make extra income at weekends or in the evenings. No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
This is a great opportunity for those who want to enjoy flexibility in their work patterns. We have a range of opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a variety of shifts available. For those looking to create a career in events, this role could be the start of something big. Join our events team and see where it could take you. With opportunities at some of the world's most famous venues and events the opportunity to create a career is real.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: