Events & Match day Safety Steward - London London, United Kingdom up to £10.50 hourly
Events & Match day Safety Steward - LondonLocation: London, United Kingdom | Salary: up to £10.50 hourly | Posted: 15 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 9057
Event Safety Stewards - London
up to £10.50 per hour
London is a thriving city with a busy events calendar and there is always something to look forward to!
We are looking to recruit Events & Match-day Safety Stewards to join our team working at a variety of venues and events - from football, rugby or cricket matches to conferences, festivals and music concerts across the region.
London is a key location for G4S Events - not only could you be working at a high profile cricket ground or event venue, you can also have an opportunity to be part of broader music and sporting events across the region. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK.
You will need to be available during the evening or at weekends. The broader G4S Events business can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts and roles available.
Our Event and Match-day Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing G4S Events.
As an Events Safety Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors on entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behavior to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor / crowd disruptions
- Securing licenced / hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You do not need any previous experience, other than the ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with our customers. We will provide all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: