Event Safety Steward - Wigan Wigan, United Kingdom 11.00 hourly
Event Safety Steward - WiganLocation: Wigan, United Kingdom | Salary: 11.00 hourly | Posted: 4 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8871
EVENT SAFETY STEWARDS - Wigan
£11.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit a number of Event Safety Stewards and build a core team of security and safety personnel. There will also be additional opportunities to work at other fantastic stadiums and events across the country.
Our Event Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
As an Event Safety Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers.
This may include:
• Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
• Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
• Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
• Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
• Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
• Holiday pay
• Pay rate is £11.00 per hour
• Company Pension
• Training/Progression Opportunities
• Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
This is a great opportunity for those who want to enjoy flexibility in their work patterns. We have a range of opportunities to suit your lifestyle. Whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours or if you’re looking to create a career in events, this role could be the start of something big. Join our events team and see where it could take you. With opportunities to work at some of the world's most famous venues and events the chance to create a career is real.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, so after completing our short application form, a member of our team will be in touch and you will be able to book an interview slot using our online portal.
Jobs that might be of interest: