Event and Matchday Safety Steward - Preston Preston, United Kingdom 9.50 hourly
Event and Matchday Safety Steward - PrestonLocation: Preston, United Kingdom | Salary: 9.50 hourly | Posted: 5 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: T210001XY
We are looking to recruit Safety Stewards to join our team to support those events that are continuing in a safe, secure way in line with government guidelines. We have work across the sports and music industries, spanning the whole of the UK - so you will have the opportunity to be a part of the events you love
Preston is a key location for G4S Events - here you could be working at a football club, or supporting the broader music and corporate events in the region.
Our Security Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
We can offer you opportunities to be part of a wide range of events to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
As an Events Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process is currently being conducted remotely, this will include a video interview.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: