Estimator Omaha, Nebraska $0 - $0
EstimatorLocation: Omaha, Nebraska | Salary: $0 - $0 | Posted: 20 Jul 2021 | Closes: 31 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NE072021E
The essential duties of the Estimator candidate is to develop and present accurate and complete cost estimates based on conceptual and preliminary physical security and telecom system designs that will provide our customers with high quality solutions at the most competitive cost. Presentation, engineering and estimating skills are a position requirement. Technical writing assignments describing the solutions proposed are required of the position to support the proposals being created. Experience in proposal writing is a plus. Minimal travel is required.
- Field surveys to gather on-site information for preliminary designs. Field gathered survey information is the basis for cost estimates and proposed design solutions.
- Develop project specific Request for Quotations (RFQ’s), which request specific cost information for material vendors, subcontractors and suppliers to meet the specification of the Request for Proposal or Bid (RFP/RFB).
- Compose convincing proposal writing to describe the proposed solution and respond to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements. Provide written text to illustrate the understanding of the requirements and the plan designed to achieve the RFP’s goals.
- Generate proposed project schedules based on the requirements of the RFP and realistic timeframes for the implementation plan of the proposed project. Schedules are incorporated into the response and are a primary indicator of the proposers understanding of the project.
- Identify resources needed to execute new projects and programs for the company.
- Interact with material vendors, subcontractors and suppliers to develop project cost estimates that are generated in G4S Secure Integration's required format.
- Develop a full understanding of G4S Secure Integration estimating guidelines, following policies and procedures at all times.
- Possess the ability to organize large amounts of information into a coherent, presentable and meaningful format.
- Work with minimal direction, manage time to meet tight project schedule deadlines and successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, Security System Design, or related field
- 5+ years field experience including construction and project management
- An acceptable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience with physical security is highly desired
- Disciplines to include estimating, RFQ preparation, and scheduling, contract negotiations, and presentations
- Candidate is required to be PC literate, possess strong skills with Microsoft Excel, and familiar with estimating software platforms
- Proposal writing experience is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor