Escort / Handy Person BRIDGEND £19,000
Escort / Handy PersonLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £19,000 | Posted: 3 Dec 2019 | Closes: 31 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8399
Escort / Handy Person
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £19,000 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Escort / Handy Person to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and utilities across the prison estate that is the responsibility of G4S CDS Facilities. To Work within the hard services team of the Total Facilities Management (TFM) services to meet operational and business requirements. To complete all reactive tasks in a timely manner within their respective target dates following all established procedures. Actively promote the importance and values of effective communication throughout G4S of environmental / Quality / H&S good practice, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and where necessary.
- Deal effectively and safely with damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and where necessary.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets and building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal / external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and where necessary.
- Assisting in development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Security awareness within a prison environment in respect to key locking and escorting maintenance contractors within the prison estate.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of general maintenance i.e. building fabric repairs, minor carpentry repairs and facilities maintenance
- Specialism’s such as Carpentry within building facilities maintenance field.
- BSC level 1/2 Health & Safety.
- Full, clean driving license.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest: