Enhanced Security Officer (ESO) Hinkley Point C Bridgwater, United Kingdom 16.11 hourly
Enhanced Security Officer (ESO) Hinkley Point CLocation: Bridgwater, United Kingdom | Salary: 16.11 hourly | Posted: 25 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 9198
G4S are recruiting Security Officers to work on our prestigious contract at Hinkley Point C in Somerset.
Enhanced Security Officers play a vital role in the protection of our Client’s premises, assets, personnel and visitors, which are the key priorities of G4S. They are required to project a security presence which is both commanding and authoritative whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
Security Officers fulfil various roles as tasked by their Supervisors and as such are high profile enablers to the site and a key representative of G4S and the Hinkley Point C Project. Part of the Security duties include being trained to use the Delivery Management System and liaising with vehicle drivers arriving on the main construction site and checking all details are correct and vehicles are released to and from the site in accordance with our DCO obligations. All duties are to be conducted with Health & Safety at the forefront of any task and in full compliance with the Assignment Instructions and Site Guidance Procedures.
Our Enhanced Security Officers employed on the Hinkley Point C Project are trained to an enhanced service level and their performance must meet or exceed the expectations of G4S and our client.
Previous security experience is desirable but is not essential. Successful candidates are required or be willing to gain a Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence (Security Guard level or above) before employment commences or already holds a current valid licence.
Location: EDF Hinkley Point C Nuclear New Build, Wickmore Drove, Nr Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1UF (expect to work within the area of HPC and its Associated Developments)
Pay: £16.11 per hour
Weekly Hours: Average 42 hours per week, based on a 12 hour shift pattern rotating through days, nights and weekends
Remuneration package: Permanent Contract, 22 days leave per year, Industry sick pay, Daily travel allowance, 5% contributory pension scheme. G4S National Pension Scheme, Dell, Vodafone and O2 discounts, Perks at Work (national discount scheme), Aviva car, home and travel insurance discount, Health Saturday Fund (health cash plan for you and your family).
- Comply with all Health & Safety procedures as set by our client and G4S
- Conduct delivery vehicle and person checks and comply with DCO obligations
- Escalate any delivery issues accordingly
- Deploy on task as set by the supervisor
- Conduct duties at the Site Main Entry Point
- Carry out search procedures on vehicles and personnel
- Conduct high visibility patrols (foot & mobile)
- Operate Proof of Presence
- Respond to security incidents and assist in the coordination of follow up activities
- Produce incident reports
- Liaise with Emergency services
- Operate, maintain equipment and report equipment failures/faults.
- Deliver the highest standards of customer and employee care
Skills and Competencies
Strong Written and verbal Communication Skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Customer Focussed
- Strong Written and verbal Communication Skills
- A basic standard of education in Maths, English and IT.
- A security professional with prior experience gained in a corporate, Critical National Infrastructure, Police or Military environment
- Understanding of H&S requirements
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
Specific Occupational Requirements
- Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting
- A current valid Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence is required
Please ensure a CV & Cover Letter is attached to all applications
Jobs that might be of interest: