English TeacherLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £35,050.88 - £40,345.21 | Posted: 6 Feb 2024 | Closes: 5 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15306
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary range £35,050.88 - £40,345.21 per annum
Permanent - Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, uniform, on-site canteen, access to High Street Shop discounts and ongoing training and development
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre works closely with the Youth Custody Services to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
We now have an opportunity for qualified English Teacher to join our Education team at Oakhill Secure Training Centre to deliver accredited learning to young people undertaking English study programmes.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- To teach a range of English qualifications as directed, to a Good or Outstanding ofsted rated level.
- To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching, learning and assessment strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To prepare and monitor appropriate syllabuses, schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments, assessment plans and learning outcomes in line with G4S and awarding body requirements.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To compile and maintain course and young people records.
- To follow all processes relating to qualifications and examinations, including registrations and submissions to validating bodies, and liaison with the Oakhill STC exams officer, moderations and external verifiers in accordance with G4S policy.
- To assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner & following the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
- G4S is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and the post holder must support these goals.
- The duties and responsibilities listed within this job description are not exhaustive and the job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of teaching on and assessing English qualification from Entry Level to Level 3.
- Evidence of ability to assess effectively and to prepare relevant materials.
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering learning to a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted level.
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. If you join us you will have a job specific induction programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
For more information on Oakhill Secure Training Centre please visit, https://oakhillstc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Safeguarding children and young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process.
Jobs that might be of interest:Functional Skills Cover Teacher
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Maintenance Operative - Mechanical
Apply now Maintenance Operative - Electrical
Apply now Workshop Instructor - Bicycle Mechanic
Apply now Electrical Maintenance Shift Technician
Location: OX3 7LE, Oxfordshire