Employment Lawyer (Litigation Focus) Home Based with some UK Travel Competitive
Employment Lawyer (Litigation Focus)Location: Home Based with some UK Travel | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 26 Nov 2021 | Closes: 9 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2229
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Contributory Pension Scheme, Company Car, Life Assurance
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Employment Lawyer. The role is permanent and full time (40 hours). The ideal candidate will be an experienced litigator and will support the numerous UK&I based businesses, the role will require some travel including to London.
The successful candidate will undertake the litigation case load, attend and conduct Tribunals and HR litigation. Some HR legal advisory work (principally HRA/HRBP level) including TUPE. You will also provide Training and Policy work (drafting, delivery and review), Newsletter preparation and “Lessons Learnt” feedback delivery.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, entry into our contributory pension scheme, life assurance, company car or a monthly company car allowance, HSF health plan scheme, various employee discount schemes and Perks at work.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Deal with and represent any Employment Tribunal, (employment-related) litigation claims and Early Conciliation matters against business areas to ensure the best interests of the business areas (and G4S generally) are met
- Provide legal advice and support to the HR teams within the business streams to establish and minimise risk.
- Provide support and advice on TUPE (to Commercial Lawyers/businesses/and HR teams), assist with support in respect of pensions and other collective issues to identify and minimise the risk to the Company.
- Prepare and disseminate updates to ensure best practice, consistency of approach and compliance with legislation (including pre-emptive planning).
- Develop and deliver training programmes as required and appropriate on a range of employee-related subjects to ensure that Managers and HR Teams adopt best practices, consistency of approach and comply with legislation.
- Act as the brief for any relevant authorised external legal assistance in respect of both employment and employee-related matters to ensure that only suitably qualified or approved lawyers are instructed.
- Provide support and advice in respect of HR-related regulatory and compliance matters (such as data protection, working time).
- Provide general legal support as required
- Drafting documents – pleadings, statements, Bundles
- Advocacy and attending trials and hearing to conclusion
- Engagement with external advisers (Counsel/Solicitors where instructed)
- Additional shadowing work for Senior (HR) Counsel – DP and internal investigatory
- General in-house legal work/overflow support (as required/requested)
- Preparation of newsletters, training materials, and lessons-learnt documents (and delivery).
The Ideal Candidate:
Competencies and Personal Requirements
- Experienced HR litigator and advocate
Essential skills and knowledge
- Experienced litigator and advocate within Employment Law jurisdictions (3 year+ experience)
- (Specialised) Knowledge of employment and employment-related legislation.
- Commercial awareness and understanding commercial pressures affecting the business.
- Good communication skills including being able to explain complex issues in a clear, concise way to non-legal professionals.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales (or equivalent/appropriate qualification to deliver above).
- Credibility to deal with G4S at levels (including senior) and manage relationships with different stakeholders.
Jobs that might be of interest: