Emergency Preparedness Specialist Arlington, Virginia Competitive with Great Benefits
Emergency Preparedness SpecialistLocation: Arlington, Virginia | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 6 Feb 2020 | Closes: 6 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L3742188/184605
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Emergency Preparedness Specialist. As a Emergency Preparedness Specialist, you will manage Emergency Preparedness Programs in support of the client contract through the development of emergency preparedness materials, training and implementation of Emergency Preparedness programs. This position acts as the focal point in developing, implementing, and maintaining the emergency preparedness-planning program and in providing leadership and guidance in integrating the emergency response with the continuity of critical business functions. This role is also charged with planning the integration of a series of tasks, procedures, and information that direct actions at the time of an emergency event in order to reduce confusion, improve communications and achieve a timely response that mitigates the risk to people and organization assets. This position will assist in actual emergencies, and will operate as a dispatcher during emergency events.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Emergency Response program development; procedure writing; program planning; project design and scheduling; assist the Unit Chief with the development and delivering of training; planning and conducting drills and exercises; designing, developing and maintaining emergency response facilities and equipment
- Maintain the Electronic Emergency Reporting System; updating employee contact information; adding or deleting employees from the system; generating reports; updating emergency messaging
- Life safety risk assessment; update Incident Management and Business Continuity plans; assist with development and implementation of innovative and efficient preparedness and response programs within national guidelines and quality standards
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) compliance; liaison with Workforce Resiliency Program Manager to ensure OSHA codes and standard are adhered to at all Dallas locations; provide guidance on emergency management laws, regulations, standards, and best practice
- Operate as a dispatcher during emergency events
- Lead and coordinate client Emergency Preparedness efforts ; plan, schedule and conduct a wide range of very complex facility and/or site emergency preparedness drills which could include emergency response training drills, medical drills, fire response drills, nuclear incident monitoring drills, and protective action drills
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in developing policies and procedures
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in reviewing and developing emergency preparedness programs, including emergency response and business continuity plans
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on a PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Speaking, observing, listening, sitting. Minimal stopping and/or reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Director, Human Resources
Location: Arlington, VA
Apply now Director, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
Location: Washington, DC
Apply now Emergency Response Security Officer
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale - Flex
Location: Reston, Virginia
Apply now Security Officer- Healthcare
Location: Reston, Virginia