Emergency Medical Technician Cudahy, Wisconsin $20.50
Emergency Medical TechnicianLocation: Cudahy, Wisconsin | Salary: $20.50 | Posted: 14 Sep 2020 | Closes: 14 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3742188/197557
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Emergency Medical Technician. As an Emergency Medical Technician, you will respond to medical calls and compose medical and activity reports. The EMT position also includes security and safety patrols.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Respond to 911 calls and administer appropriate medical care
- Protect and safeguard client property and interests and present a positive first contact image
- Ascertain the identity of all persons entering the premises; regulate and permit proper ingress and egress of all persons, vehicles, equipment and goods; prevent improper movements designed to deprive client of goods or services
- Patrol the premises on assigned tours of inspections for the purpose of reporting and eliminating hazardous conditions and actions; investigate complaints and determine facts of an occurrence necessary for the production of a written or oral report
- Inspect fire protection systems and equipment, and oversee burning and welding operations, as required; review and insure adequate and proper fire equipment is provided for all areas and operations on the premises
- Provide emergency assistance as circumstances may indicate and perform special assignments representing client interest
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be able to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- Must possess a current and valid Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license in the State of employment
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, Hazardous Materials Operations (HAZMAT Ops) training certification
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of meaningful and verifiable work history
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess the ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature may range from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, running, walking, and sitting. Stooping or kneeling required often.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Apply now Security Officer - Multiple Site - USO
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Apply now Inmate Transportation Officer
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Apply now Security Officer - Traditional
Location: Caledonia, Wisconsin