Emergency Medical Technician Mount Vernon, Indiana $18.39
Emergency Medical TechnicianLocation: Mount Vernon, Indiana | Salary: $18.39 | Posted: 16 Jul 2020 | Closes: 16 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/194567
500 Dollar Sign-On Bonus
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). As an Emergency Medical Technician, you will respond to medical calls and compose medical and activity reports. The EMT position also includes security and safety patrols while providing the utmost level of customer service and professional image to G4S, the client and their customers.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
**$500 of bonus will be paid as follows: $250 after 60 days of continuous employment, and $250 after 90 days of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Respond to 911/emergency calls including Medical and Fire emergencies and administer appropriate medical care and support fire personnel
- Read, understand and follow site specific medical protocols/procedures, review safety / security post daily
- Communicate with the Site Nurse and Site Security Management team
- Restock and maintain organization within the EMT supply bag and maintain vehicle appearance
- Escort visitors and trucks to buildings and operations
- Complete detailed medical reports, as applicable
- Accident reports including photographs and information when needed
- Performs security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Door or gate lock and unlock requests
- Inspect vehicles and railcars
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Assist with breaks for team members
- Ability to read Phosgene badges
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Must be a State of Indiana licensed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- NREMT (National Registered Emergency Medical Technician) with the ability to gain reciprocity in the state of Indiana
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- One year of verifiable work related experience in Emergency Medical Services or protective service-related field
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, running, walking, bending, twisting and sitting. Stooping or kneeling required often. Maneuver up to 25 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: