Emergency Medical Responder Lynchburg, Virginia $13.13 - $13.38
Emergency Medical ResponderLocation: Lynchburg, Virginia | Salary: $13.13 - $13.38 | Posted: 23 Jul 2021 | Closes: 23 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/6946081/214991
500 dollar sign-on bonus!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR). As an Emergency Medical Responder, you will respond to medical calls and compose medical and activity reports. The EMR position also include security and safety patrols and other basic security related duties.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
**$500 bonus (w/ current DCJS license only) payable after 45 days of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.**
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Respond to 911 calls and administer appropriate medical care
- Complete detailed medical reports, as applicable
- Follow up with patient care
- Performs security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any state-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a current and valid Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Certification
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with public.
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor manufacturing facility, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, running, walking, and sitting. Stooping or kneeling required often.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Emergency Medical Technician
Location: Big Island, Virginia
Apply now Security Shift Supervisor - Healthcare
Location: Salem, Virginia
Apply now Security Officer - Flex
Location: Salem, Virginia
Apply now Patient Support Staff
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Apply now Security Officer - Healthcare
Location: Pulaski, Virginia