Elite Protection Professional - Government Site - Downtown 2 Eireann Quay, Toronto, ON C$23.00
Elite Protection Professional - Government Site - DowntownLocation: 2 Eireann Quay, Toronto, ON | Salary: C$23.00 | Posted: 17 Jun 2021 | Closes: 17 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2429282/212784
Elite Protection Professional
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The Elite Protection Division (EPD) is comprised of Elite Security Operators and Elite Protection Professionals that function in a variety of challenging environments. The core training for the division is identical for all members. Members can train various disciplines in order to operate in the specific vertical that they wish to specialize; Aviation, Healthcare, Retail, Loss Prevention, Close Protection. The purpose is to provide our clients with the best possible options for their security needs. Core training and development is the same for all members of the EPD. Once qualified, members can begin to specialize.
The Elite Protection Professional (EPP) difference is the life experience, education and operational background that comes with being either a professional member of the Armed Forces, Law Enforcement or related field such as a Corrections Officer, Emergency Services Worker (fire, ambulance or corrections) or a Post-secondary graduate in a Law Enforcement or a related discipline and have a background in a Supervisory or Security Management.
EPD personnel are the very best in class when it comes to security operations and enforcement.
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Verified Military or Police Service, or CPP qualified or a Post-Secondary Diploma in a Law
- Enforcement or related field of study from an accredited College or University.
- Must have a minimum college diploma in Police Foundations or Law and Security or Equivalent;
- 1-2 years of Supervisory or Management experience in a security related industry.
- 5 years of work history in progressively responsible positions.
- Meet and maintain any applicable provincial/federal security licensing requirements including Private Investigators License.
- Be certified Standard First Aid and CPR and AED
Specific duties performed and essential functions:
- Monitors and observes customers in accordance with policy with regards to health and safety and follow the direction of the on duty manager
- Complete arrests for theft in accordance with G4S policy and procedure
- Complete and file an incident report and Use of Force report for all incidents and arrests
- Liaise with local law enforcement
The Ideal Candidate:
- Superior customer service orientation
- Must maintain annual training certifications
- Must maintain valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Must be certified in AODA and WHMIS
- Must have a high health and safety orientation
- Must complete G4S Basic Assessment Program
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Must maintain current defensive tactics certification, as required for contract. May include: Restraint, Sharp/Edged Weapons Defense, Baton and Non Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Completion of vertical specific training modules
- Maintain impeccable notes and generate reports for litigation purposes
Other related attributes that would enhance hiring consideration:
- Certified in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Enhancing Verbal
- Skills Training (Life Skills training).
- Management of Aggressive Behaviour – MOAB® Training International, Inc.
- Certified in Stay Safe Instructional Programs (Defensive Tactics)
- Qualified as an Adult Education Instructor
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Elite Protection Professional - Government Site - Downtown
Location: Eireann Quay, Toronto, ON
Apply now Security Guard - (Part time Weekends) - Federal site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Government Site - Virtual Job Fair - Thursday August 19th - 12pm to 1pm
Apply now Security Control Centre Operator
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard - High Profile
Location: Toronto, ON