Electrician Wolverhampton, Birmingham £25,572.19
ElectricianLocation: Wolverhampton, Birmingham | Salary: £25,572.19 | Posted: 15 Oct 2021 | Closes: 26 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10645
Maintenance Operative Electrical
G4S Care & Rehabilitations Services
HMP Oakwood, Wolverhampton WV10 7QD
Salary £25,572.19 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40hrs per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP Oakwood is one of the largest prisons in England and Wales, providing places for up to approximately 2100 Category C male prisoners.
We now have an opportunity for an Electrician to join our team at HMP Oakwood
To maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and estate that are the responsibility of FM on site as directed.
- Operate planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Safe and proper use of tools and secure use of tools and equipment
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of commercial and domestic heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site.
- Diagnosing faults on all M & E support systems and rectifying where within levels of competence.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and repairs.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric and estate, e.g. furniture, internal and external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and parking, etc.
- Assisting in development of maintenance routines and procedures and preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in on call and emergency call out arrangements in respect of G4S FM maintained sites.
- Participate in Multi Site Operations, to assist in project/development work or to cover for an absent site engineer
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced electrical engineer
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- High level specialisms such as CCTV, Alarms, High Voltage.
- Full, clean driving licence
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Plumber
Apply now Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Wolverhampton, Birmingham
Apply now Multi Skilled Engineer
Apply now Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: Wolverhampton, Birmingham
Apply now Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Officer