Electrician BRIDGEND £24,000
ElectricianLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £24,000 | Posted: 19 Nov 2019 | Closes: 3 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8358
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £24,000 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week plus weekend and on call rotas)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for an Electrician to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and utilities across the prison estate that is the responsibility of G4S CDS.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all Mechanical & Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced within an electrical engineering discipline (Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electro technical services or equivalent)
- 17th / 18th Edition (IET) Wiring Regulations
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance.
- Experience of BMS systems.
- C&G 2391 /2392
- C&G 2394 /2395
- EAL level 3 inspection & Test (Periodic Inspection & Testing)
- Electrical Safety & Part P
- Portable Appliance Testing (EAL or City & Guilds)
- Full, clean Driving Licence
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.