Education IT Support Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £22,000
Education IT SupportLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £22,000 | Posted: 10 Oct 2019 | Closes: 24 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8158
Education IT Support
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes
Salary : £22,000.00 per annum for Full-Time role - Pro-rata salary if part-time
Full Time (40 hours per week) or Part-Time (minimum 20 Hours per week)
G4S Children's Services works closely with the Home Office, Youth Justice Board for England and Wales and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
The successful candidate will provide first line hardware and software IT support, including end user training as appropriate, to meet the needs of the business.
- Collate and maintain hardware, including servers and networks, software and fault logs, enabling analysis of information to create preventative measures.
- Provide first level support on IT issues, diagnosing breakdowns and faults, wherever possible, and taking corrective, remedial action as necessary, to ensure continued IT service to end-users.
- Escalate issues to the IT Service Desk to ensure that more complex problems can be addressed promptly.
- Train and coach end users to optimise use of desktop software.
- Create and amend user accounts, load approved software and provide fault diagnosis and resolution so that users have access to the system within an agreed turnaround time.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office products ideally within a commercial or educational environment
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
- Knowledge of Active Directory
It is every employee’s responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with. Therefore every employee will be required to hold a current enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Scheme) certificate.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Justice Board and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest: