Easy Roster Clerk (Zambezi) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa Zambezi Market Related
Easy Roster Clerk (Zambezi) - G4S Secure Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Zambezi | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 29 Oct 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3620871/174005
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for an Easy Roster Clerk, based in Zambezi.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity and accuracy of information processed on the Company’s employee rostering and attendance system, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which payroll plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective database Administration
- Create and maintain accurate Customer records on the Easyroster database, as required for all contractual and ad hoc / sundry guarding Customers.
- Create and maintain rosters for all Customer sites on the Easyroster system, ensuring the provision of manpower in compliance with contractual requirements.
- Print duty rosters for CSM/Contract Managers
- In cooperation with the HR Department, create and maintain accurate employee records on the Easyroster database:
- New engagements
- Employee detail changes
- Allowance and Earnings allocation
- Transferring between sites
Time and Attendance Administration
- Update Easyroster with all corrections received from management and capture posting sheets.
- Investigate and validate pay queries received
- Check Time sheets and allowances and/or earnings
Payroll data administration
- Export the correct rostered hours worked to the payroll for payment within specified deadlines and time frame
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/ committee/ representative/ management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a preferred diploma in Office Management administration
- Previous related experience
- Knowledge of administrative procedures such as travel arrangements, scheduling of meetings and resources
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of wage and labour management procedures
- MS Office Computer skills
- Acting professionally
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and cooperating
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.