Early Morning CleanerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £8.91 per hour | Posted: 22 Nov 2021 | Closes: 6 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G21/67
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as an Early Morning Cleaner.
This is a part time position with negotiable hours between 8 to 16 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing the level standard of cleanliness as dictated by the onsite specification.
If you wish to know more about the role or would like to request a paper application please get in contact with Graham Drury – Cleaning Manager on 07712 032271.
Please note that that role requires Recruitment Vetting, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
Please be aware the contract between G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police ceases on 31 March 2022. Where there is a requirement for services to continue beyond this date, roles may be TUPE transferred to the new employer responsible for delivering the services from 1 April 2022 onwards, but at this stage we are working through with Lincolnshire Police what the new provision of services will look like and we would then discuss any impacts with staff once we have this information.
• To book on and off duty using the Teletime System from a Police Station phone or as instructed by the cleaning manager.
• Notify Cleaning Manager when stock levels are low in order to be replenished.
• Emptying waste bins and transporting waste material to designated collection points on site.
• Where applicable empty confidential waste bins for collection in the designated area of the Station.
• Sweeping & Mopping floors with relevant equipment.
• Hoovering carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
• Using specialist scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors.
• Use of high-pressure steam cleaners and pressure washer.
• To clean toilet & wash facilities.
• To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish all building furnishings as required.
• To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, tea towels and paper towels).
• To use specialist cleaning chemicals as directed by the Cleaning Manager in line with the appropriate COSHH Assessments.
• Ensure all areas and cleaning equipment are left in a clean and tidy manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to carry out general cleaning duties as detailed in the Job Description.
• Punctual, reliable and able to travel to designated site.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times in respect of Police matters.
• Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level.
• Ability to prioritise work and be flexible to changing demands of the post.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work both alone and within a team to achieve specified standards.
• Take pride in a job well done.
• Have an awareness of and display a commitment to the relevant legislation and guidance in working practices in relation to Health and Safety.
• To undertake any training relevant to your role.
• Able to communicate clearly, understand and follow instructions.
• Experience of undertaking general cleaning duties is advantageous however all training will be provided.
• Experience with Health & Safety, COSHH and associated cleaning equipment is desirable however all training will be provided.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cleaner
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now LTS Manager - Hull
Location: HULL, Yorkshire, East Riding
Apply now Cleaner
Location: LE5 5FT, Leicester
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Judgemeadow Community College, Leicester
Apply now Cleaner
Location: LE5 6HP, Leicester