E1 Cluster Manager Liverpool, Liverpool £34,892.63
E1 Cluster ManagerLocation: Liverpool, Liverpool | Salary: £34,892.63 | Posted: 26 May 2020 | Closes: 9 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8873
E1 Cluster Manager
HM Prison Altcourse, Fazakerly, Liverpool
Salary : £34,892.63 rising to £41,476.00 on completion of relevant courses
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for E1 Cluster Manager to join our team at HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure that all residential functions are in compliance with prison service requirements and related inspections such as HMIP.
- Ensure compliance with performance monitoring and KPTs in areas of responsibility, to include serious assaults, ROTL, doubling, time unlocked.
- Ensuring that all operational policies and procedures meet contractual compliance
- All prison service orders are implemented, audited and amended to promote a safe, secure and decent environment for all prisoners and staff
- Implement any action plans arising from internal and external audits in a timely manner
- Direct line management of unit/function to include all aspects of performance management and development of strategies through monthly bi-lat meetings
- Ensure Operational Manager conducts monthly supervision with direct line reports.
- Monitor and liase with the unit/function Operations Manager regarding day to day issues and routines.
- Develop direct reports through management development programme
- To control sickness and absence within areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with no more than 5% sickness.
- Ensure effective management of unit/function staff, to include annual staff appraisals, performance management of staff and monitoring of probation periods, and staff development through progression of NVQ’S and compliance with mandatory training
- Ensure strong working relationships with regimes and offender management to promote resettlement opportunities
- Attend the security committee meeting as a member each month and promote security and safe working practices in areas of responsibility
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safer custody and violence reduction, conducting and contributing to case conferences and encouraging family liaison.
- Ensuring the implementation of internal and external audit reports.
- Form part of the race equality action team.
- Undertake duty director tasks as per rota including adjudications.
- Manage the prisoner engagement agenda to ensure regular meeting are held with prisoners and all other relevant stakeholders within the establishment ib order to address any actions and provide innovative and practical solutions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven managerial experience within a Prison establishment
- Knowledge of G4S Justice Services policies and strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent managerial skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong team player
If you encounter any issues applying for this vacancy online, please forward a copy of your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest: