Dyfodol Substance Misuse Team Manager BRIDGEND £28,541.56 - £30,500
Dyfodol Substance Misuse Team ManagerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £28,541.56 - £30,500 | Posted: 29 Apr 2021 | Closes: 13 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9851
Dyfodol Substance Misuse Team Manager
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary range £28,541.56 - £30,500 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Custody and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We're looking for a passionate, confident and creative individual to join the Dyfodol substance misuse team here at HMP & YOI Parc as our team manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join our service and make a difference to residents throughout their recovery journeys. As team manager you'll directly supervise our team of caseworkers working across the prison, and have a key role in driving forward our whole prison approach to Drug Strategy and Rehabilitation.
As Dyfodol Substance Misuse Team Manager you will:
- Line manage a team of Dyfodol Substance Misuse workers based at HMP & YOI Parc
- Monitor and quality assure caseworker delivery to ensure accurate, comprehensive and effective recovery services are provided by the team
- Assist the Drug Strategy Manager and deputise where necessary in the overall running of the substance misuse service
- Provide support and guidance to caseworkers involved in the delivery of services and provide an appropriate response regarding relevant information and service
- Provide daily tasking for the responsive and reactive services delivered by the team in relation to significant areas of risk or concern and incidents across the establishment
- Regularly liaise with colleagues in our health service to ensure psychosocial and clinical treatment is delivered collaboratively and in the best interests of the resident
- Work with our dedicated team of recovery champions (peer led initiative) to maximise the impact of recovery focused peer led services across the establishment
- Ensure that caseworkers are competent practitioners, able to provide accurate advice and information regarding substance use and associated lifestyle behaviours that reduces the risk of overdose, reduces the spread of Blood Borne Viruses, promotes healthy living and minimizes the potential risks and impact of drug related behaviour, crime and disorder on the establishment and the wider community.
- Ensure that caseworkers are competent practitioners and able to provide information on differing resettlement options, including treatment models and services available for individuals with substance misuse problems across the region and, where appropriate, undertake to assist in the referral and transfer of clients to enable them to access and engage with appropriate Tier 2, 3 and Aftercare treatment packages and other relevant support services.
- Delivery of training to team and wider staff, including ITC package
- Ensure that caseworkers are competent and able to utilise motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioural techniques in both one-to-one and group settings to promote engagement in treatment services, encourage self-esteem, well-being, self-responsibility and enhanced motivation.
- Ensure that caseworkers are competent and able to help people to address and change their offending behaviour. When relevant, working with the resident, Prison Offender Managers and other workers within the establishment to construct care and treatment plans.
- Promote collaborative working within the establishment and with external organisations who may positively impact on an individual’s recovery journey
- Ensuring resident involvement, a residential communities focus, recovery values and a person centred approach are embedded within service values and ensuring all programmes and interventions are managed, delivered and developed to meet service user need within the contractual requirement.
- Represent G4S at local and regional events.
- Provide practice focused supervision across all staff and model high quality practice in your own work.
In carrying out the above duties, the post holder will:
- Take part in in appraisal, training and supervision processes.
- Keep up to date with developments in services, legislation and practice relevant to the relevant client groups.
- Ensure the implementation of all G4S policies.
- Contribute to ensuring safe systems of work and a safe environment.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience of working within substance misuse services with a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services and manage cases, including the most complex.
- Staff supervision experience and leadership skills.
- A sound knowledge of psycho-social interventions.
- A high level of adaptability and passion for delivering excellence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, families and professionals.
- A working knowledge of performance management and meeting demanding targets.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other agencies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Criminal Justice System.
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- The ability to respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- The ability to work as a member of a team.
- The ability to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- The ability to understand and have a commitment to the principles of equality and diversity.
- The ability to employ an empathetic and non-judgemental attitude towards service users.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. Social Work, Nursing, Probation, Management, Community Work.
- Experience in a team management role
- A relevant level 3 qualification (health, social work, nursing, addiction studies)
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Health and Recovery Worker
Apply now Deputy Treatment Manager
Apply now Support and Engagement Practitioner
Apply now Residential Management Assistant (RMA)
Apply now Prison Custody Officer