Driver TrainerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £26,520 - £34,020 per annum based on full time 40 hours per week. Salay is dependant on experience. | Posted: 8 Nov 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19144
G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police as part of our strategic partnership are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic Driver Trainers to join our People Development Team as part of an expansion of our Driving School.
Operating out of Lincolnshire Police HQ, Nettleham, our driving school delivers a wide array of driving skills including: Standard Response, Motorcycle, VIP, Pursuit, and Advanced Driving.
The successful candidates will join a highly skilled and experienced team where you will be delivering driver training across our beautiful county.
Benefits of the role include, incremental salary retainer based on driving level, free onsite gym, free parking, pension and employee benefits package along with a commitment to continued professional development.
Details of each role are below and if you are interested in applying for please visit the G4S Careers Centre link or call Lincolnshire Police HQ to discuss this with our Driver Training Manager.
Salary: £26,500 to £34,000 dependent upon experience
Location: Nettleham, Lincoln
Hours: 40hrs per week (Permanent) flexible part- time working patterns can be considered
As a member of our Driving School you will have the responsibility to train and develop police officers to drive at a variety of levels depending on your skill sets. Our driving school is able to deliver a range of courses so there is the opportunity for personal development and upskilling available. We will also support you in attaining your ADI and further formal qualifications as part of our commitment to delivering a quality service.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- To deliver driver training and practical assessments of training in accordance with national, organisational or Force policies relating to the training of police officers in all aspects of driver training.
- To have a comprehensive working knowledge of the National Decision Making Model and be able to train and perform dynamic risk assessments in the delivery of training police officers to drive under Blue Light conditions.
- To review, design and develop driver training and development products, based on Force needs and any local, regional and/or national guidelines as appropriate.
- Ensure that leaners have the required skills to successfully, safely and effectively perform the driving duties of their roles through effective assessment of participants during the training process – confirming their achievement of agreed learning and performance outcomes.
- In line with your own accreditations/driving authorities, to make decisions regarding an individual’s ability to hold Basic, Standard, Advanced or specialist driving authority for specific vehicle types, and to provide written/oral evidence to substantiate such decisions.
- To ensure by use of appropriate teaching methods that individuals have a sound knowledge of ‘Roadcraft’ and the ‘Highway Code’.
- Demonstrate resilience and sensitivity in dealing with difficult conversations, such as pass/fail decisions and welfare matters.
- To have sole responsibility for the supervision of course participants and others, ensuring compliance with relevant and up to date Risk Assessments, Health & Safety requirements and meeting welfare needs through the provision of specialist advice, guidance and assistance relevant to Driver Training.
- Support the development of new ways of delivering training to maximise performance and ensure the business demonstrates a continuous learning culture.
- Champion Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by keeping up to date with developments in training by maintaining Approved Driving Instructor status, undertaking and successfully completing Police Driving Instructors courses, reading relevant journals, and attending other relevant development courses.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for colleagues who have a positive solutions focused approach that are keen to work as part of a team across both G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police.
Where a skill is highlighted with ‘ * ‘ , we will be able to provide the training in house to support you attaining this essential skill. These skills are required of the role, and in order to be retained in the role you must successfully pass these qualifications.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- To hold a valid full category B driving licence
- Attainment of ADI certification*.
- Assessors qualification (A1, TAQA or equivalent)*
- A level 3 teaching qualifications (AET, PTTLS etc.)*
- Hold a National Police Driver Trainer Qualification or ability to attain the qualification within the College of Policing RP&PDLP framework)*
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage individuals in a positive and re-assuring manner.
- Have competence as an Emergency Services driver within the last 5 years
- Well-developed skills to produce presentations, facilitate learning and explain complex issues to a range of audiences with various levels of understanding
- Demonstrates the resilience, drive and commitment to achieve results, even in difficult situations
- Demonstrates a pro-active and positive attitude and the ability to encompass and accept change
- Have a proven track record of motivating themselves and others, with effective time management
- Ability to manage workload with conflicting priorities bringing solutions to achieve successful outcomes
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Hold a current valid full category C or D driving licence
- Background in police response driving
- Understanding of police legislative and recommended standards including APP
- Level 4 Teachers Qualification* (CET, CTTLS or equivalent)
- Have had significant experience utilising the Police Advanced driving authority on a regular basis
- Hold a valid full category A driving licence
- Have had significant experience as an operational Police motorcyclist at Advanced level.
Jobs that might be of interest:Early Morning Cleaner
Apply now Support Services Administrator/Property Stores Person
Apply now Cleaning Operative
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Cleaning Lead
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Bank Cleaner - North Cambridgeshire Hospital
Location: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire