Driver - Cash Transportation Truro £11.55 per hour, increasing £12.15 after 12 months
Driver - Cash TransportationLocation: Truro | Salary: £11.55 per hour, increasing £12.15 after 12 months | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 | Closes: 30 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7192
Uniform, up to 5 weeks' Annual Leave, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Program
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
As a Driver, Your primary responsibility will be to deliver and collect cash to and from our customer premises, within specified time windows, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the trip sheet. You will be responsible for maintaining good, safe and courteous driving behaviour and presenting a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the relevant safety equipment provided.
Our Drivers must:
- Always be polite and courteous to customers and members of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects and follow procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.
- Checking consignments and ensuring accuracy and efficient loading/unloading at branches and other secure areas.
- Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
The Ideal Candidate:
What makes a successful Driver?
To succeed as a G4S Driver, you will need to hold a valid driver’s licence. You will need to be confident in communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English and an appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a driving role would be extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing excellent service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
We have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
Pay rate starts at £11.55 for the first 6 months, moving to £11.85 after successful completion of probation, rising to £12.15 after 1 year's service.
This role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks and free uniform.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Driver - Multi Drop Cash Transportation
Apply now Courier - Multi Drop
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Processor - Cash