Driver (C1 Minimum) Exeter £11.55 per hour increasing to £11.85 after 6 months and £12.15 after 12 months
Driver (C1 Minimum)Location: Exeter | Salary: £11.55 per hour increasing to £11.85 after 6 months and £12.15 after 12 months | Posted: 29 Mar 2021 | Closes: 26 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7096
Working in G4S already you’ll know what makes us special – our commitment to customer focus, our expertise and the collaboration and teamwork. You also know what an immense range of opportunities we have to offer you across the business. We’re now recruiting for more positions in our Cash Solutions business in the UK. This vacancy may offer you the opportunity you are looking for to progress your career within the group.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
As a multi drop day driver for G4S Cash Solutions you’ll be working in the most common and most popular role type we offer. If you enjoy driving, working independently and confident in dealing with people as we strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction, and happy to be flexible working variable shifts, then being a G4S Cash Solutions day driver may be just the opportunity for you.
During your typical day you will drop/pick up customer’s monies or service their ATM machines. The length of your journey can vary across short and medium distances and you will be utilised around a wide range of routes across the area.
Deliver and collect cash/ coin accurately to and from customer sites, within a specified Time Window.
Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the trip sheet.
Maintain good, safe and courteous driving behaviour.
Present a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the equipment provided.
Always be polite and courteous to customers and members of the public.
Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects.
Carry out procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
Always wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.
Checking consignments and ensuring accuracy and efficient loading/unloading at branches and other secure areas.
Always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, staff and vehicle is maintained at all times.
Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
Ensure the integrity of audit trails.
Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Driver?
- You will need to hold a valid driver’s licence and preferably a C1 licence (allowing you to drive a vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes), however a C1 licence is not essential
- You will need to be confident communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
- An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
- You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a driving role would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks and free uniform.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Transportation Officer- Basingstoke
Apply now CIT Driver
Apply now Branch Security Officer
Apply now Expression of Interest - ATM Custodian (various locations nationally) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: various locations nationally
Apply now Teller: Cash Solutions South Africa
Location: Various locations across South Africa