Driver/ Art Handler Long Island City, NY & Competitive
Driver/ Art HandlerLocation: Long Island City, NY | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 11 Jan 2019 | Closes: 11 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe
G4S International Logistics (G4Si) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. G4Si Fine Art provides bespoke logistics solutions for the world’s most renowned art and design institutions. Our international clientele includes museums, galleries, private collectors, auctioneers and art fair organizers. With our strategically located secure facilities in London, New York, Dubai and Hong Kong, as well as our highly skilled expert teams, we offer an unparalleled coverage of global fine art operations to address every unique logistical challenge within today’s rapidly globalizing art market.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our New York Office.
G4Si Fine Art US is seeking an experienced Driver / Art Handler with at least 2-3 years of experience in either an auction house, gallery, or fine art shipping company. Candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of industry best practices in installation, condition reporting, and packing with specific attention to handling high-value artworks, antiques and high end furniture.
Knowledge in DOT rules and regulations in the tri-state area is required. Including, but not limited to logbooks, medical cards, safety inspections and compliance of NYC commercial traffic laws. Must have clean driver’s license and drive up to 26ft straight truck (CDL not required). Must be familiar with use of liftgates, loading/unloading crates, and museum standard bracing techniques.
- Prepare shipments by packing, crating and proper loading of each piece
- On time delivery and collection of all items to and from clients and vendors
- Installation/De-Installation of artwork with specific attention to NYC art fairs
- Compose and generate written condition reports including digital photographs
- Accurately complete paperwork ensuring each item, package and/or crates are labeled correctly
The Ideal Candidate:
- GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred and at least 2-3 years of industry experience
- Exceptional client service and ability to resolve issues promptly
- Time-management, ability to prioritize
- Above average strength and coordination
- Capacity to work comfortably on a truck, as well as, interacting with clients
Jobs that might be of interest:Warehouse & Art Handling Supervisor
Location: Long Island City, NY
Apply now Verladen von Neuwagen
Apply now Data Scientist
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH)
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Dispatcher