Domestic SupervisorLocation: Homerton, Greater London | Salary: £12.80 to £12.88 | Posted: 21 Oct 2021 | Closes: 4 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10539
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for a Domestic Supervisor to join our team as part of our contract with the East London NHS Foundation Trust, based at the John Howard Centre Homerton, London, E9 5TD.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week covering various shifts over 5 days.
As the Domestic Supervisor, you will direct and lead the Cleaning & Housekeeping team in order to ensure that services to the client exceed expectations.
This is a people management role which requires leading and developing team members in line with the competency framework and company values.
- Implement operational plans effectively using appropriate resources to meet SLA’s.
- Support the team, taking responsibility for training and development and maintenance of expectations related to all people management aspects including absence and time keeping, retention, productivity, quality of work, uniform and appearance standards, behaviour and attitude.
- Ensure good staff morale through coaching and be observant of staff needs.
- Produce and record information, for example SLA monitoring information, equipment and stock levels.
- Monitor and manage stock levels of cleaning consumables.
- Re-schedule work and rota’s to meet fluctuations in staffing levels/customer requests including covering of absence.
- Ensure that staff are checking equipment for faults and notifying the relevant person.
- Ensure all Cleaning & Housekeeping staff adhere to the colour coding system and dispose of waste appropriately.
- Comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and emergency procedures as required.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and induction process related to Housekeeping staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- People Management Experience.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Organised and Methodical.
- The ability to work on your own initiative.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities.
Jobs that might be of interest:Portering and Helpdesk Manager
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Apply now Cleaner
Location: London E2 7NQ
Apply now Hard Services Manager
Apply now Part Time Cleaner
Location: Bethnal Green, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner - Relief
Location: London Borough of Tower Hamlets