Domestic Assistant Fairfield Hospital - Bury £7.83 per hour
Domestic AssistantLocation: Fairfield Hospital - Bury | Salary: £7.83 per hour | Posted: 4 Jul 2019 | Closes: 14 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4556
We are actively seeking to recruit enthusiastic, hard working individuals in the role of Domestic Assistants to join our team to be based at Fairfield Hospital in Bury.
This role and contract sits within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as schools, prisons, courts and hospitals and other public sector facilities is second to none.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 95 countries, globally and employ around 585,000 employees globally, which allows for the opportunity for personal development and growth within.
The main responsibilities that this role will involve are the following;
- To carry out all cleaning assigned, making full use of guidance and training given, using checklists provided.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is collected before starting work.
- Use all materials and consumables in accordance with laid down practices ensuring the economic use of resources.
- Collection, segregation and disposal of waste materials, replacement of liners, in accordance with policies.
- Undertake manual and mechanical cleaning activities in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Comply with methods of cleaning required for areas.
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules are completed and checked on a daily basis.
- Refilling of all dispensers including soap, hand towels, toilet rolls and all paper rolls
- Provide emergency and ad hoc cleaning as required.
- Check and observe cleaning to be carried out in accordance with schedule.
- Work safely at all times giving due consideration to themselves and others.
- Must use the appropriate work equipment and PPE provided report safety deficiencies and accidents through line manager.
- Carry out all related duties as may be allocated by the Supervisor.
- Check equipment for faults and notify the relevant person
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and correctly stored after use.
- Ensure strict confidentiality concerning patients and their visitors.
- At the end of each shift, store all equipment used in the appropriate storage.
- If required, collection and deliver of laundry to the site
- Report any maintenance required to the maintenance department and/or advise a member of the Supervisory or Management team.
- Attend both internal and external training courses as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by Management
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys working part of a hardworking, conscientious team in a fast pace environment. Due to the hospital environment it is important that you have good interpersonal skills and treat those that you come into contact with integrity and respect at all times.
As this hospital is open 24 hours 7 days a week we are looking to recruit an individual working Monday to Friday 5pm to 8pm.