Dog Handler , United Kingdom 11.00 hourly
Dog HandlerLocation: , United Kingdom | Salary: 11.00 hourly | Posted: 5 May 2022 | Closes: 5 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: T2100028P
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Dog Handler with a pay rate of £11 - £15 per hour. G4S Canine operates in the following sectors:- nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot with trained security dog.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Carries out random patrolling with security dog to detect and deter.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
EQUIPMENT, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Must posses NASDU level 2 in General Purpose Dog Handling.
- Must Hold current SIA licence (Security Officer or Door Supervisor)
- Own fully Trained GP level 2 Dog.
- BS 8517 compliant vehicle.
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment.
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail - Able to work alone or part of a team.
- Physical Requirements and Environment
- Indoor and outdoor: temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
- Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
- Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling
We act with INTEGRITY AND RESPECT
We are passionate about SAFETY, SECURITY AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We achieve this through INNOVATION AND TEAMWORK
ABOUT THE COMPANY
G4S is a FTSE 100 Company and the world's leading provider of security solutions, with operations in over 100 countries Worldwide. G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited is one of the largest Business units in the G4S Group and the largest Security Services Company in the UK, with an annual turnover of approximately £440m and employing 20,000 people. Our success depends on the commitment of our employees to providing excellent customer service to all internal as well as external customers.
G4S is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Jobs that might be of interest: