Director, Payroll Jupiter, Florida Competitive with Great Benefits
Director, PayrollLocation: Jupiter, Florida | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 28 Oct 2020 | Closes: 28 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L4016102/199772
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Director, Payroll. The Director, Payroll will provide financial management and leadership to centralized Payroll function within Headquarters Shared Services servicing 50,000 employees and 120 field offices. This position will supervise a staff of at least eight employees, represent payroll function during financial audits, publish announcements and information that other colleagues rely on, and plan for any changes relating to statutory requirements.
The Director, Payroll will support field offices in information requests to service their client contracts and RFPs, and work with counterparts in Tax, IT, Billing, Accounting, Treasury, Legal, HR and Benefits on matters relating to Payroll. This position will provide financial management and leadership to centralized Payroll function within Headquarters Shared Services servicing approximately 50,000 employees and 120 field offices.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of on cycle payrolls for all employees
- Represent the payroll function during financial audits
- Oversee ancillary projects to enhance data integrity within software – example tax reporting
- Lead implementation efforts relating to additional or alternative services (pay cards, on-line W-2s, check enhancements)
- Identify and respond to any compliance issues relating to Wage & Hour, IRS, or Collective Bargaining Units
- Handle confidential and privileged information requests on an as needed basis
- Plan for and implement any changes relating to statutory requirements
- Provide responses to both internal and external audits
- Communicate with internal customers and external stakeholders on any changes in process (paperless payroll)
- Handle inquiries and reporting from key executives
- Support field offices and customers in information requests
- Review capabilities of payroll function to align with business needs
- Support accounting team during the monthly close process to confirm payroll items and
- develop analytical reports and reconciliations
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
- Must possess a Certified Payroll Professional accreditation
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in Payroll or Finance overseeing a department and supervising staff
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be proficient in software systems including Microsoft Excel, ADP Vantage HR/Payroll, PeopleSoft, and SQL
- Must be able to effectively pull together information for various sources, including PeopleSoft and ADP, and compile into a consolidated format and carefully review and analyze the data before being sent to key stakeholders
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting, telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Juvenile Assessment Center Officer - Site Supervisor
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Apply now Training Representative - Remote Position - Temporary
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Apply now Customer Experience Technical Team Lead
Location: Jupiter, FL
Apply now Customer Experience Representative
Location: Jupiter, FL
Apply now Intelligence Analyst - Remote
Location: Jupiter, Florida