Director of Procurement EMEA Victoria, London Competitive plus car allowance + benefits
Director of Procurement EMEALocation: Victoria, London | Salary: Competitive plus car allowance + benefits | Posted: 9 Jan 2019 | Closes: 25 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
The three primary goals of the role are to:
- Deliver year on year, structured supplier cost reduction across EMEA
- Develop and manage a team of procurement specialists delivering effective supplier management across the region.
- Develop in conjunction with Group Procurement and deliver regionally an effective guided buying strategy to simplify the buying process.
- Owns the EMEA supplier spend (£1bn pa) and drives strategic performance of the procurement function to produce tangible cost savings and develop strategic and beneficial supplier relationships.
- Delivers and strives to out-perform annual and long-term targets.
- Shape the regional procurement strategies and ensure alignment to the organisation and any changing business models.
- Drives excellence and championing continuous improvement at the highest level.
- Develops, shapes and influences the Group Procurements cost savings strategy as part of organisation Leadership team
- Work with GEC and Divisional leadership teams to deliver annual business plan objectives, plans and budgets.
- Drive efficiency, effectiveness and best practice throughout the procurement function: benchmark performance across the group and contracts, sharing best practice; identify and implement opportunities for profit improvement.
- Lead and support procurement activity during bid development as required – planning procurement strategy, resourcing optimal skills sets, overseeing solution development and planning, leading supplier negotiations and tenders.
- Ensure that business imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the procurement team and to others group-wide, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement the Procurement Technology Strategy around productivity tools and P2P workflows, ensuring it is aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement the Procurement Policy and Procedures, ensuring it is aligned with the overall business objectives and in line with the Global Procurement strategy
- Ensure the region fully optimises its procurement leverage through structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes
- Promote the Implementation of Group wide supply contracts, including preparation of standardised templates for tender documentation, contractual terms and conditions, and mechanisms to monitor and review supply chain performance.
- Establish key external market contacts to ensure relevant market intelligence is available to the business and factored into key decision-making processes.
- Provide Procurement expertise in supporting business development activity and service solution design.
- Establish clear KPI’s and SLA’s, in line with business requirements, and manage supplier performance against these within a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure full contractual and legal compliance of goods and services ensuring suppliers perform strictly in line with all contractual conditions, service commitments and legislative requirements.
- Review, analyse cross-border G4S performance to ensure compliance against key contractual terms and commitments.
- Provide commercial and contractual leadership in the negotiation of indexation and other contract variations.
- Continuously seek opportunities to further reduce supplier costs, drive out additional savings, and improve overall efficiencies
- Provide leadership and support as required to ensure successful mobilisation of new supply contracts.
The Ideal Candidate:
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing role, preferably within a Regional or Global corporate.
- Previous experience of selecting and managing suppliers across regional and country boundaries.
- Experience of :
- negotiating supplier contracts including complex service agreements
- supplier rationalisation
- supplier development and measurement
- team management and development
- Previous experience in managing large outsourced services contracts essential.
- Contract negotiation, drafting and management of tendering processes.
- Strong commercial acumen, advanced knowledge of contract law, good financial management and proven communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experienced in the set up and utilisation of eProcurement, eAuction and on line Catalogue Ordering Systems, such as SAP and Ariba preferable.
- Proven excellence in team and people management.
- Results driven.
- Proactive and hands-on management style
- Prepared to travel throughout the Region and Globe
- Willing to adopt a flexible approach to the fulfilment of work commitments.
- Inspirational to others, showing clear commitment to the highest ethical standards and G4S values.
- An innovator, who finds new solutions and ways of working to create value
- Shows excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Actively promotes and models collaboration and engagement across the business.
Jobs that might be of interest:Property Manager
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Section Manager Cash Centre
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Bromley, United Kingdom
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom