Director of Operations - Security Albuquerque, New Mexico Competitive
Director of Operations - SecurityLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Jul 2020 | Closes: 6 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/194027
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Director of Operations. As a Director of Operations, you will be accountable to the Market VP for Satellite P&L’s and all financial fiduciary obligations along with it. As the driver of revenue growth and efficient cost management he/she has the responsibility to drive performance in-line with the financial targets that are set within the annual budget and plan.
The Director of Operations is to ensure that all area personnel understand and comply with all Government Labor Standards and ensure that G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. is providing quality service to our clients, and that these accounts are operated in a manner consistent with established policies, contracts, and applicable laws. This role will maintain an active, strong client relations program by making frequent personal visits to discuss any problems or recommendations for the improvement of service provided in support of the District Managers.
The Director of Operations is to allocate management guidance, and support of the company mission, including; recruitment, training, corrective actions, and adherence to company policy. To ensure, these accounts are operated in a manner consistent with established policies, contracts, and applicable laws; and is to maintain strong client relationships, including strategic community relations.
The Director of Operations is to ensure that all services follow the contract and identify any opportunities to expand the contract to other areas.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Support the Market VP in management of the P&L and all its financial drivers to meet budgetary goals and targets including revenue growth, expenses and location profit
- Management and direct oversight of District Manager role; participate in selection and placement; conduct performance improvement plans; ensure subordinates are adequately trained and have all tools required to ensure success in their roles.
- Maximize revenue by expanding the services or locations of existing accounts
- Manage existing revenue streams by retaining existing accounts through contract compliance and high levels of service provided to customers
- Manage location costs to include fixed and variable overhead to maximize profit at the local level, and keep the Market VP informed through the DRM, as the CIM is reviewed weekly
- Provide direct support of management functions including Human Relations, Business Development, Operations and Finance, corrective actions, and adherence to company policy
- Manage and continuously develop management subordinates within the organization (talent management)
- Work with the sales manager to develop a sales plan and support the successful execution of that plan
- Maintain a close, positive working relationship with strategic accounts in the local area
- Ensure that G4S contract requirements; training and development have been followed
- Ensure contract compliance and performance for both local and strategic accounts
- Attain budget targets by integrating the revenue generated by local and strategic accounts
- Review Labor utilization, profitability, NBOT to aid continuous improvement efforts; promote Operating Principles to ensure sustainability of NBOT, Recruitment Activity
- Manage and provide guidance to the Scheduling Manager to create action plans to improve scheduling performance and function as it pertains to NBOT and fulfilling client relationships
- Drive weekly meetings in support of the Regional CIM, and maintain Operations Management to align organizational goals and targets established in the Branch Operating Model
- Conduct Weekly Compliance Review meetings with Managers to review metrics to foster continuous planning and improvement
- Maintain frequent and positive contact with subordinates, customers and the public to ensure interactions are align with the G4S core values
- Review Key performance indicators on a day-to-day basis to maintain control over operations
- Execute a local level safety program in compliance with G4S standards
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, private security or law enforcement-related fields (e.g., criminal justice) combined with 3 years of experience involving customer relationship management
- Associate’s Degree in business administration, private security or law enforcement-related fields (e.g., criminal justice) combined with 5 years of experience involving customer relationship management
- High School diploma or equivalent combined with 7 years of experience involving customer relationship management
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable security licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years of prior work experience showing aptitude for assisting in the operational management of a large semi-independent business enterprise
- Experience demonstrating the ability to ensure realization of planned profitability by utilizing sound financial management principles through the use of management information reports (Profit and Loss, Job Profitability, etc.)
- Experience evaluating and validating worker competency in accordance to staffing needs
- Experience with mentoring Area Supervisors and scheduling staff to ensure client expectations are met and the proper tools are in place for continued success
- Experience ensuring correctness and compliance to contractual requirements are consistently communicated ahead of the advance schedule
- Demonstrated ability to manage overtime costs through scheduling practices
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; indoor with minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching, and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale - Multiple Site
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Apply now Security Officer - Multiple Site - USO
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Apply now Security Officer - Multiple Site - Healthcare
Location: El Paso, Texas
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Lovington, New Mexico
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Pueblo, Colorado