Director of Operations/Project Management - (Service/Installation Technicians) Mississauga Competitive
Director of Operations/Project Management - (Service/Installation Technicians)Location: Mississauga | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 | Closes: 15 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/166743
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The Director, Operations reports to the Chief Business Development Officer and Senior Vice President of Secure Integration to ensure the efficient operations of the Secure Integration Business across Canada.
Responsibilities of this role range from managing the operations of the G4S office to managing the relationship between G4S and its subcontracted partners to ensure efficient service delivery to customers. The Director of Operations will also be responsible for overseeing projects from inception to completion to the satisfaction of both the client and the key metrics (profitability, timeline etc) as defined by G4S.
SPECIFIC DUTIES PERFORMED AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage full operations of the Secure Integration business across Canada
- Account management and cost control
- Keep track of client work progress and ensure all requirements needed for timely completion are readily available
- Ensure adequate inventory for service tech to complete call is either on service vehicle or in warehouse. Create and maintain an inventory management system. Reconcile service inventory in warehouse
- Manage and dispatch service and installation technicians to perform work (email or phone) and ensure there is adequate follow up to clients to remind and confirm appointments
- Will be responsible for managing the internal processes and reporting of projects to the General Manager, Secure Integration
- Ensure understanding of all service and maintenance agreements to ensure all work orders fulfil contractual agreements
- Manage sub-contractor base and grow this base as necessary. Ensure any issues with subcontractors are resolved
- Update and maintain invoice tracker system for administrative use
- Will be responsible for managing resolutions for client satisfaction
- Continually maintains and promote a professional image of the Company
- Stay current on the entire line of security solutions provided by G4S Canada
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting. Telephone and operating a motor vehicle is required
Physical efforts to carry out job duties:
- Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 20 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching
- Complete compliance to the G4S Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement, and Corporate Policy
TRAVEL: 40% to branches as well as to client sites
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- College or University Degree in a marketing or business-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten years work-related experience in an Operations Role in the Security Industry (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Some basic IT or structured cabling experience would be a definite asset
- Demonstrated experience in project management, continuous business process improvement and time and territory management
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or passport
- Must be capable of obtaining a Federal Level II Security Clearance
- Must have experience in the development and analysis of RFPs
- Familiarity with contact management systems (Salesforce) , Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional verbal communication, written, and presentation skills
- Drive change and innovation.
- Identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Excellent listening skills, client service, and consulting skills
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace
- Proven people leadership and management skills with strong capability to build and motivate a diverse team
- Understanding of business financial concepts and processes
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to discern customers’ needs
- Synthesize facts, concepts, principles
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Position is associated with highly personal client information and extreme confidentiality must be practiced
- Business acumen and cost management capability
- Drives superior performance; meets objectives and deadlines
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
- Bilingualism, French /English would be an asset
- Prior security-related operations management experience.
- Project management experience or PMP.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Branch Manager - Security Industry - Hamilton
Apply now Expression of Interest: CIT (Cash In Transit) Manager (Gauteng) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Foreman
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Security Supervisor
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Apply now Vice President of Operations
Location: Nationwide, United States