Development Lead Nurse £14,800
Development Lead NurseLocation: | Salary: £14,800 | Posted: 19 Nov 2021 | Closes: 31 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10846
Development LEad Nurse
16 hours per week - 08:30 am - 17:00 pm.
The Bridgeway SARC, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 8JA
Overview of your organisation
An exciting opportunity to be part of the The Bridgeway SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service, as commissioned by the NHS and Cumbria police. The Development Lead Nurse is support the manager and Clinical Lead Doctor and to support the line manager in the auditing and coordination of the service we provide. They will also act as an advocate for clients who request help and support to aid recovery from the assault they suffered.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to anyone who have suffered rape or sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer.
To promote the SARC service to public and professionals
To do targeted promotional work to increase under represented and hard to reach groups accessing the SARC service
To identify areas for continuous improvement and development of the SARC service.
To develop links with Key partners to promote collaborative working.
To assist in the management of the SARC Service in line with national SARC Best Practice and contractual obligations.
To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and the NMC code conduct.
- To promote the SARC service to public and professionals
- To do targeted promotional work to increase under represented and hard to reach groups accessing the SARC service
- To support the SARC Manager and Clinical Lead Doctor in continuous improvement and development of the service.
- Liaising and developing links with key partner agencies to develop referral pathways in and out of the SARC Service and promote collaborative working.
- To identify and engage in Integrated care system (ICSs) partnerships of health and care organisations that the SARC service should be part of.
- Produce and deliver presentations about the SARC service to partner agencies and participate in promotion of the SARC Service
- To maintain the Quality Standards for supporting Male Survivors
- Participate in multi agency partnership working.
- To support the SARC Manager and SARC Coordinator in the daily running of the SARC service.
- Service Development and innovation
- Implementing Change
- Effective Communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Professional and Non-Judgemental
- Forensic Examination and Medical Aftercare of Complainants of Sexual Assault
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Experience of Clinical Governance Processes
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Presentation skills
- Experience with Vulnerable Groups
- Project Management
- Engagement and Promotional Work
- Understanding Cultural and Gender based needs
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Working with Children and Young People
- Forensic Awareness
For further information please email: email@example.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD
Location: Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG]
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic - HCP
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: TR14 8SY
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner